XPS 400 Amber blinking light, not booting

Gjohnson7771

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Ok, the other night I shut my computer off to install a new SSD. I installed the SSD in the empty tray and closed everything back up, but when I tried to start the computer I get a amber blinking light and the CPU won't boot up. I don't recall any beeping at all, but I don't recall if it ever beeps. I've had the amber blinking light 2 or 3 times before in the past when I've powered off or had a power outage, but it usually boots up after I've cycled the power on and off a few times.

Sometimes the display shows code 2 and sometimes 2 and 4. I've tried removing every connection and hooking them all back up 1 at a time. Nothing. Then I took a multimeter and found that the voltage from my PSU is completely off. Instead of the 12v, 5v and 3.3v I am showing 14.2v, 6.2v and 4.3v.

With that said, is it pretty much a sure thing that its my PSU causing me issues?

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
The blinking amber light indicates a bad power suppy, go ahead and replace it. This one I would recommend. CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply. Check connectors on old power supply and see if you have enough on the new one.

TRENDING THREADS