XFX GeForce 8200

quadcomputers

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Need a recommendation for the best AMD processor for an XFX GeForce 8200 motherboard. I know it's old and has been around. Looking for best performance and economy. Would like to make use of this board which has been laying around for a couple of years now. Thanks.

quadcomputers

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Yes AM2, AM2+, AM3 CPUs and needs BIOS upgrade to make the most of the newer chip features. However don't want to spend such dollars. I'll check around for the older CPUs. Just wanted to get idea what someone might have been running on their XFX- 8200. Some CPUs had problems, running on this board. On the site I also seen; Asus M4A785-M recommended; this board is really in the same family, same generation boards. Asus uses ATI. I have two Asus M4A785-M machines; driven by AMD Athlon X2 7850's Black Editions (unclocked) These are fine for general computer and tasks; but for gamers a Double-SLI arrangement is best. Here the same they have been installing with XFX GeForce 8200. Both these boards have on board graphics (which is fine for general computing) and excelled all around sound chips with plenty of in/out jacks. Plus ten USB ports. Here then is was why I want to throw the XFX into a tower case and make use of it but keep the costs to about $50 dollars; I have all the hardware needed. Then Install either Windows "Molasses" -7 or the Ultimate Windows "Blister" operating system. I use AHCI BIOS settings; for the Sata controller; which makes the most of the hard drive speeds. To start spending a hundred or more dollars; one is better off upgrading to a new board/Chip. Again thanks much appreciated; getting information from these companies; is like pulling teeth.

quadcomputers

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

I am leaving this open ....for a possible reply....regarding some later CPUs like the Phenom II X4 or any AM3 based processors.

Nostram

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Just FYI, I am successfully using a Phenom II X4 910 (HDX910WFK4DGI) with my MI-A78S-8209 motherboard system. Prior to that I was using an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4850e. The Phenom II was a huge step up for this system and improved performance all around.

*Edited to correct motherboard model number.

Xfx8200

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
any chance I could get that xfx 8200 motherboard of you? Freemancubsfan@yahoo.com