Can i upgrade from a dell inspiron 570 tower to thermaltake lanbox lite

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Thermaltake
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 14, 2012 2:13:46 AM

can i swap out a dell inspiron 570 tower and fit the componets into a thermaltake lanbox lite?

More about : upgrade dell inspiron 570 tower thermaltake lanbox lite

a b B Homebuilt system
July 14, 2012 2:39:54 AM

As long as your motherboard is mATX or smaller, yes. That case won't accept full ATX boards. The rest of the components will fit fine. Keep in mind the full size card will have some length restriction. I believe the build I did with the Lanbox I had an HD 6870 and it had just enough clearance. I can post a pic of the build if you need it.

Here is a review if you haven't found it already: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Thermaltake/Lanbox_L...
m
l
July 14, 2012 5:46:57 AM

thank you, i plan installing a visiontek 7970 gpu with a 650 watt ps and want to keep it cool.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
July 14, 2012 6:33:50 PM

You may have trouble with that long card. I believe that is a 12" long card. There are a couple pitfalls with that SFF case. One is a long card will run into the HDD cage. The other is some larger modular PSU's with long connectors will hit the optical drive if placed in the upper bay. I installed my DVD drive in the lower bay and used the upper bay for cable storage.

Here is a pic showing the HD 6870 almost touching the HDD drive cage. And that card is shorter than yours.
http://imageshack.us/f/406/insideo.jpg/
m
l
September 3, 2012 7:20:22 AM

clutchc said:
You may have trouble with that long card. I believe that is a 12" long card. There are a couple pitfalls with that SFF case. One is a long card will run into the HDD cage. The other is some larger modular PSU's with long connectors will hit the optical drive if placed in the upper bay. I installed my DVD drive in the lower bay and used the upper bay for cable storage.

Here is a pic showing the HD 6870 almost touching the HDD drive cage. And that card is shorter than yours.
http://imageshack.us/f/406/insideo.jpg/

I was thinking of purchasing the Thermaltake Black SECC Japanese steel LANBOX Lite and I want to use the HD 6870. I do have a few questions regarding what's going to fit in this case. I want to pick up the ASRock Z77 Pro4-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Mobo and slap the Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core in there. Now the problem I think I'm going to run into is how much space is there to throw on an after market cpu cooler since the PSU is mounted right above the mobo? Will I need to look for a low profile cooler? I had the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO model: RR-212E-20PK-R2 in mind. But that's only if there is going to be enough room.

Any chance you could upload some pics of the inside case showing the HD 6870? The link you had posted is no longer there. I'm trying to get a better idea of the kind of space I'll have.

One more thing if you know. Given the small form factor of the case, how would overclocking affect everything since it's a tight squeeze? The ASRock Z77 Pro4-M along with the i5-3570K provide some nice overclocking ability but I don't want to overheat the maching if there's not enough room for adequate cooling.

Thanks again.
Ceno
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 3, 2012 2:57:42 PM

ceno said:
I was thinking of purchasing the Thermaltake Black SECC Japanese steel LANBOX Lite and I want to use the HD 6870. I do have a few questions regarding what's going to fit in this case. I want to pick up the ASRock Z77 Pro4-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Mobo and slap the Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core in there. Now the problem I think I'm going to run into is how much space is there to throw on an after market cpu cooler since the PSU is mounted right above the mobo? Will I need to look for a low profile cooler? I had the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO model: RR-212E-20PK-R2 in mind. But that's only if there is going to be enough room.

Any chance you could upload some pics of the inside case showing the HD 6870? The link you had posted is no longer there. I'm trying to get a better idea of the kind of space I'll have.

One more thing if you know. Given the small form factor of the case, how would overclocking affect everything since it's a tight squeeze? The ASRock Z77 Pro4-M along with the i5-3570K provide some nice overclocking ability but I don't want to overheat the maching if there's not enough room for adequate cooling.

Thanks again.
Ceno

My bad for removing the pics. I was house cleaning and got carried away. Here are some pics of my LanBox build with the components I used:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

The room inside the finshed build:
" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

With the PSU removed, so you can see the room available for a cooler. I seriously doubt a tall cooler like the 212 will fit.

Rear of the case. I don't have the build anymore so I can't measure for you the room available for a cooler. But I would look for a low profile cooler. In my case, I stayed with the stock cooler because I used an i3-2120 processor.
" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
m
l
!