Black Screen With Active DP on HP LP2065

mmitchell816

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Ok I have two HP 2210m and three HP LP2065 (just got these) monitors.

I bought three Cirago Display Port to DVI Single Link Active Adapters from Micro Center that say they are AMD Eyefinity Ready.

My graphics card is an Asus ATI Radeon HD 6950 (2 DVI, 4 DP)

I initially tried adding the three LP2065 monitors to my setup with the three active DP adapters but they were all black.

I tried hooking up my current HP 2210m monitors with the active DP adapters and they worked.

So I hooked up two of the LP2065 monitors directly with DVI cables which worked.

My issue is that the last LP2065 monitor has to hook up via DP and all i get is a black screen. Catalyst Control Center can see the monitor, the type, the needed settings and everything. The monitor acts just like its on and displaying an image, its just a completely black image.

I have tried different resolutions, different refresh rates, different color quality levels. nothing works. Always black, not even a flicker.

I did get it to display some images, flickers of images, but only when the computer boots and you see the AMD boot image.

Any ideas anyone? anything i should try? I'm going to get a passive adapter tomorrow and plug it into DP port one and unplug one of the DVI devices and see if that works but I dont have any more ideas for tonight.

dangeb

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I am having the exact same problem. I'm using a 7970 with one DVI, one HDMI and a Active mini-DP to DVI adapter and the display port monitor shows up in CCC with all the correct settings (1680x1050, etc) but the screen doesn't display an image.