Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

v3 and cingular coverage questions

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:32:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I am in the 30 day trial (california it is 30 not 14) and have the v3.
I left nextel and as it turns out I had great coverage.But with
cingular I have questionable coverage. I suffer dropped syllables and
words when I have full bars. Does this sound right? do you think it is
the phone or the service? This is driving me crazy. I work all over
the city (of san diego) and at my desk at home and it is painful to
not have quality like I guess I had with nextel (expensive service).
Feedback is much appreciated.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:32:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

that is normal. i was getting it when I didn't have cingular but I was
talking to friends who had it. now i have have gsm on cingul and i am
getting it too. i figure it's growing pains for gsm. it should get better
over time.


"hotrodder" <32hiboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:5392g19s2sg5slnuc85iqff8n3bql8bstn@4ax.com...
>I am in the 30 day trial (california it is 30 not 14) and have the v3.
> I left nextel and as it turns out I had great coverage.But with
> cingular I have questionable coverage. I suffer dropped syllables and
> words when I have full bars. Does this sound right? do you think it is
> the phone or the service? This is driving me crazy. I work all over
> the city (of san diego) and at my desk at home and it is painful to
> not have quality like I guess I had with nextel (expensive service).
> Feedback is much appreciated.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:32:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

hotrodder wrote:
> I am in the 30 day trial (california it is 30 not 14) and have the v3.

Actually, Cingular is 30 days in all states. :) 

> I left nextel and as it turns out I had great coverage.But with
> cingular I have questionable coverage. I suffer dropped syllables and
> words when I have full bars. Does this sound right? do you think it is
> the phone or the service? This is driving me crazy. I work all over
> the city (of san diego) and at my desk at home and it is painful to
> not have quality like I guess I had with nextel (expensive service).
> Feedback is much appreciated.

I'm guessing from the subject line that you're using a Motorola v3
RAZR. Generally the RAZR gets some high marks for pulling in weak
signals so theoretically it should not be the phone. However, it's
plausible that you just wound up with a lemon. I know my first RAZR was
defective and gave me some sound quality issues, and after it was
swapped out the problem was solved.

If I were you, I'd go back to the store and complain about the issues
you're experiencing. They may suggest swapping the phone out. If a
new phone doesn't solve your problem, it's time to go back to Nextel.




--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:33:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Jimmy Smith wrote:
> that is normal.

Uh-uh, definitely not normal. GSM doesn't have any more "growing pains"
to go through; it's an established mature standard that's even on it's
way out. And I'm certainly not having these problems and I wouldn't
have stuck around if I had.



--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:54:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <5392g19s2sg5slnuc85iqff8n3bql8bstn@4ax.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:32:36
GMT, hotrodder <32hiboy@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am in the 30 day trial (california it is 30 not 14) and have the v3.
>I left nextel and as it turns out I had great coverage.But with
>cingular I have questionable coverage. I suffer dropped syllables and
>words when I have full bars. Does this sound right? do you think it is
>the phone or the service? This is driving me crazy. I work all over
>the city (of san diego) and at my desk at home and it is painful to
>not have quality like I guess I had with nextel (expensive service).
>Feedback is much appreciated.

That isn't normal. Sounds like a defective phone.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:44:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <11g2nkvdv0iju5b@corp.supernews.com> on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:33:51 -0400,
Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

>Jimmy Smith wrote:
>> that is normal.
>
>Uh-uh, definitely not normal. GSM doesn't have any more "growing pains"
>to go through; it's an established mature standard

Yes, but still evolving.

>that's even on it's
>way out.

No. WCDMA ia designed to coexist with, not replace, GSM.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:33:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:31:37 -0400, Isaiah Beard
<sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

>hotrodder wrote:
>> I am in the 30 day trial (california it is 30 not 14) and have the v3.
>
>Actually, Cingular is 30 days in all states. :) 
>
>> I left nextel and as it turns out I had great coverage.But with
>> cingular I have questionable coverage. I suffer dropped syllables and
>> words when I have full bars. Does this sound right? do you think it is
>> the phone or the service? This is driving me crazy. I work all over
>> the city (of san diego) and at my desk at home and it is painful to
>> not have quality like I guess I had with nextel (expensive service).
>> Feedback is much appreciated.
>
>I'm guessing from the subject line that you're using a Motorola v3
>RAZR. Generally the RAZR gets some high marks for pulling in weak
>signals so theoretically it should not be the phone. However, it's
>plausible that you just wound up with a lemon. I know my first RAZR was
> defective and gave me some sound quality issues, and after it was
>swapped out the problem was solved.
>
>If I were you, I'd go back to the store and complain about the issues
>you're experiencing. They may suggest swapping the phone out. If a
>new phone doesn't solve your problem, it's time to go back to Nextel.

thanks for the feedback.
!