Solved

Wich CPU is better Intel or AMD?

Last response: in CPUs
November 24, 2012 4:51:24 PM

I'm having a hard time choosing between the two company's help! :cry: 

More about : wich cpu intel amd

Best solution

November 24, 2012 4:55:58 PM

Probably depends on your price point and application. If you are on a budget, and can't find a killer deal for an AMD, Intel is faster on the economy chip side. But if you are doing something multi thread intensive AMD has some well priced 6 and 8 core options. If you are planning on overclocking and gaming, Intel is the best with the 'K' series chips.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2012 5:13:43 PM

zero6251 said:
I'm having a hard time choosing between the two company's help! :cry: 

What you using it for ? I'm satisfied with my amd 1100 and 1090 , plenty fast for my uses C A D and video editing , son uses for gaming , with a good vid card you will be within 5-10 fps of intel so for the price AMD is good enough for me . I don't need bragging rights just good performance and low cost .
m
l
November 24, 2012 6:08:13 PM

I most people prefere Intel pecouse they are good they have turbo and etc. AMD has multicore technology and Hypertransport (HT) the choose is on your side make a good move and havea good time using it
m
l
November 24, 2012 9:24:07 PM

jerry6 said:
What you using it for ? I'm satisfied with my amd 1100 and 1090 , plenty fast for my uses C A D and video editing , son uses for gaming , with a good vid card you will be within 5-10 fps of intel so for the price AMD is good enough for me . I don't need bragging rights just good performance and low cost .

I am using it mostly for gaming
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2012 9:35:40 PM

Intel all the way !
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2012 9:44:35 PM

three0duster said:
Probably depends on your price point and application. If you are on a budget, and can't find a killer deal for an AMD, Intel is faster on the economy chip side. But if you are doing something multi thread intensive AMD has some well priced 6 and 8 core options. If you are planning on overclocking and gaming, Intel is the best with the 'K' series chips.

I love this answer, provides a reason why and states pros of both.

Anyways in my opinion, AMD is if you are tight with the money, and AMD wins most of the time with price/performance. Intel on the other hand is more powerful and more efficient but is a bit more pricier compared to AMD processors when not on sale.
m
l
November 24, 2012 9:49:47 PM

Best answer selected by zero6251.
m
l
!