• Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 21, 2012 8:19:55 AM

Specs: OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name CHRIS-PC
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model G60VX
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 203, 5/27/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Chris-PC\Chris
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.18 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.13 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I ran the NVIDIA installer and tried to install the latest version of the 260m series card, and it uninstalled my card without installing the new version. I didn't even check clean install!

Now, I don't have a backup or anything that I can go back to, and my old graphics drive is gone! I've been searching for a fix for ~6 hours, and I can't find anything.

Every time I run the Nvidia installer it fails at about 10%, I've even tried reinstalling my old driver's version and it won't work!

I do not have my windows CDs, so that isn't an option...

I also tried installing the driver from scratch from the ASUS website, it just said that it was successful then nothing happened, my graphics are still as bad as they were before it was "successful"

I'm really getting angry about this, I've tried so many different fixes with -none- of them working. If you've had experience with this please for the love of god help.

Here's 2 screenshots showing what I see after I try and DL the driver.

(This one is where it stops and goes to the fail screen)

Also, I don't even have a display adapter showing in my Device manager, as shown here:

Whenever I try to use windows updater to re-install the Geforce GTX 260m graphics driver, it goes about 10% then says it failed, same with the Nividia install.

I'm seriously about to throw my laptop through a window and jump on it to smash it into pieces then set it on fire... so any help would be absolutely amazing. Thanks for reading.

More about : nvidia updater uninstalled graphics card

a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 9:10:07 AM

Have you tried Systems restore in windows itself?
If not try rolling back to a week ago or something like that, not yesterday or the day before that.
And give us a feedback.
m
l
May 21, 2012 9:17:35 AM

alyoshka said:
Have you tried Systems restore in windows itself?
If not try rolling back to a week ago or something like that, not yesterday or the day before that.
And give us a feedback.

I created a system restore point right before I went to update the driver, problem is, it managed to delete itself... Yeah...

As for the rollback, there's not even a drive option to rollback on the device manager.

So, unfortunately, those options don't work. :( 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 9:24:57 AM

You created a restore point. Forget that one. Any others existent way before that? That was the main reason I specified not to restore back to a day or two before the install.

If nothing works then you might as well try a complete system reinstall.

Also try the F9 quick recovery from hidden partition for the laptop if you haven't deleted that partition. Of course that will cause you to loose all the Data on it, please remember that.
m
l
Related resources
!