Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How can I set up chasis fan in NZXT Phantom 410

Last response: in Systems
July 14, 2012 6:17:40 AM

Hello,

I have connected all of the cables except I am little confused regarding how to make the CPU fan work. I haven't turned on the machine till now. I want to make sure everything works the 1st time itself.

Please have a look at these cables:

I have plugged in the big connector on the left to 4 pin molex connector in my Corsair TX 650. What else do I need to do? What are the other 4 cables for?

More about : set chasis fan nzxt phantom 410

July 14, 2012 6:26:01 AM

the other cable ends are where you plug your fans into so that you can use the built in fan speed controller. the molex connection you hooked up provides it and all your fans with the power they'll need to operate.
m
l
July 14, 2012 6:31:11 AM

WaywardX said:
the other cable ends are where you plug your fans into so that you can use the built in fan speed controller. the molex connection you hooked up provides it and all your fans with the power they'll need to operate.

Ok. Cool. So you mean they would start running because I have the molex connector plugged in but I have to plug those other cables to fans just to be able to control fan speed from the switches on cabinets?

Also please help where should I plug in those wires? Should I plug into motherboard where it says CHA_FAN? It doesn't look like it would go into motherboard.

Please let me know.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 14, 2012 8:00:17 AM

The fans in your case have the connections you plug into those other 4 ends on your pictured wires. If you opt not to use the built in fan controller you would plug your case fans into the fan headers on your motherboard directly.
July 14, 2012 8:20:04 AM

@WaywardX: the case fan's don't have that! That is surprising for me. I think the fans in Phantom 410 come with fans pre installed. The extra four cables I think are for cases when we need to remove the build in pre installed fans and instead install buy and install a new one?
m
l
July 24, 2012 11:13:59 AM

Best answer selected by salman4u.
m
l
January 31, 2014 6:52:48 AM

The Phantom 410 comes with 3 case fans pre-installed (front, back and top). As shipped, the fans' 3-pin plugs are not plugged into anything.

The Phantom's integrated fan controller provides plugs for up to 8 case fans (the 3 pre-installed fans, plus up to five others), plus a 4-pin Molex connector to power the controller.

Plug your Phantom's 3 pre-installed fans, plus any other additional case fans you choose to install, into any of the eight fan controller plugs, and plug the Molex connector into any of the Molex connectors from your power supply.

DO NOT plug your CPU cooler fan into the Phantom's fan controller. Instead, plug it into the 'CPU fan' header on your motherboard. (Note: some CPU cooler fans, like the Zalman 9500, come with their own manual fan controller; follow the instruction that came with your CPU cooler fan.)

The Phantom's fan controller is pretty basic, allowing you to vary the speed of all connected fans to low, medium or high. Note that the fan controller does not display fan speed, even though all 3-pin and 4-pin fans allow for sensing their speeds, nor does it allow you to control the fans individually.

You can, if you choose, ignore the Phantom's fan controller entirely and instead plug the fans directly into your motherboard's 'case fan' headers. That would allow your BIOS or an application to display and control each fan's speed individually.
m
l
!