Sign in with
Your question

Dumping Physical Memory after installing driver

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 21, 2012 8:49:11 AM

Hi Guys

I just got a GTX480.

I installed it and it ran fine after installing the driver (296.10)
I asked me to restart after the installation.
I restarted the pc and i give me a blue screen '' dumping physical memory''
and then restarts again just to give the blue screen again.

I never gets to windows!
Going in safe mode, i uninstalled the drivers and the pc restarts fine!

So i only after installing the driver for the card it gives me the blue screen.

Any1 please?
a c 125 U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 9:12:16 AM

Hi

Is this a new PC build? if not, and you had a graphics card installed before did you uninstall the driver before installing the GTX 480?

Have you tried an older driver (older than 296.10) ?

Also if you have any overclocks, remove them before installing the driver.
m
l
May 21, 2012 9:17:36 AM

I had a GTX275 before! I uninstalled the drivers and yes i have tried older drivers (280.xxx). After a while i formatted my pc as well and it still gave me this problem.
I was wondering if it could be my psu? i don't know how to overclock so its a no to overclocks!
m
l
Related resources
a c 125 U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 9:27:00 AM

My google skills fail me, I can't find any info your PSU, there should be a sticker on the PSU with information about its power output, if you could tell us how many watts are dedicated to the +12V rail(s) I could tell you whether the problem is likely to be the power supply or not.

Are you able to try the graphics card in another PC?
m
l
May 21, 2012 10:29:31 AM

Yip i've tried another pc - With 550watt Huntkey psu! same problem.
i dont have it with me at the moment but it said something but
18A(yellow) 25A(blue) 25A(Orange). will me make sure tonite and let you know 2morrow
m
l
May 21, 2012 12:59:34 PM

+12v4 = 18A(Yellow) +5V 25A(Blue) 25A(Orange).
m
l
May 22, 2012 5:51:49 AM

Rustyy117 said:
My google skills fail me, I can't find any info your PSU, there should be a sticker on the PSU with information about its power output, if you could tell us how many watts are dedicated to the +12V rail(s) I could tell you whether the problem is likely to be the power supply or not.

Are you able to try the graphics card in another PC?

Ok so i checked my psu and this is what it said:

DC Output: +12V1 = 18A(Yellow/black) +12V2 = 18A(Yellow) + 12V3 = 18A(Yellow/black) + 12V4 = 18A(Yellow) + 5V - 25A(Red) + 3.3V = 25A(Orange) -12V = 0,5A(Blue) +5VSB =3.0A(Purple), PG (Gray)

Output watt: 600w + 5v& + 3.3V : 140W
Output Max Watt : 700w

If also tested it on my friends pc and it does the same.
this is his psu:

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6641

Any1 please help me
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 9:44:02 AM

Hi

Your PSU is fine, you've re-installed windows and tested the card in another PC with the same outcome so I'm inclined to believe the card may be faulty, If I were you I'd consider RMA-ing it.
m
l
May 22, 2012 9:53:50 AM

Rustyy117 said:
Hi

Your PSU is fine, you've re-installed windows and tested the card in another PC with the same outcome so I'm inclined to believe the card may be faulty, If I were you I'd consider RMA-ing it.

Im kind of a noob with this. what is RMA - ing it mean?
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 9:58:36 AM

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization, Basically I'm suggesting that the GTX480 may be faulty and so you should return the Item to the place of purchase or the manufacture for a replacement/refund, if you do decide to do this then you will need to contact the place of purchase or manufacture first so they can setup an RMA for you.
The act of returning faulty goods is usually refereed to as RMA-ing
m
l
May 24, 2012 9:44:31 AM

Rustyy117 said:
RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization, Basically I'm suggesting that the GTX480 may be faulty and so you should return the Item to the place of purchase or the manufacture for a replacement/refund, if you do decide to do this then you will need to contact the place of purchase or manufacture first so they can setup an RMA for you.
The act of returning faulty goods is usually refereed to as RMA-ing

Ive read a few thread since and found that some guys uninstalled the drivers and installed 275.33 driver instead and it worked.

Ill be trying this later and let you know.

Thanks
m
l
!