Highly dissapointed with 6770m VS Generals Zero Hour !!

civilengineer

Honorable
May 21, 2012
hi

i just got my 6170se couple days ago
i updated everything available in HP support assistant

when i play generals zero hour and set everything to the highest detail and resolution.. and play VS 3 enemies.. it lags when there is an attack for less than 1 sec from time to time espcially when an plane or anything blow up so some nice graphics needed for the fire after the blow up

for the switchable graphics problem.. from bios i changed the switching mode from dynamic into fixed to be sure that the ATI graphics card is the running one ( dont knw how to mointor it )

i still have inter HD icon in the tray dont knw if that means it is running or not

when i right click on desktop -- screen resolution -- advanced -- adapter
i find it is the ati graphics card (on system video memory: it is 0 MB not sure wt does that mean )

1- is it the problem ? that it only dont switch on right time for heavy duty applications ? or just it doesnt work at all without the right update

2- how can i mointor which gpu i'm using when i play a game or something ?

3- how can i test the performance of the gpu ?

4- is it normal for the generals ZH lags ? it is an old game from 2003 or something ! ( it is a cracked direct play version so may it has some problems from the game itself ? )

5- if i made tried bios update for another model ( as my laptop doesnt have any drivers or updates on the web site dont knw why ) and something went wrong.. can i from bios make a factory restore ? wt is the wariest case can happen ?

6- any advice ?

thanks in advance

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
was a great game in its day but the multiplayer is always buggy as hell with sync errors and crashes in general. to be honest get rid of all the garbage bloatware that hp puts on it you would be supprised how much that alone slows your system, i try to avoid laptops in general but just remember that a 6770m is only half the card of the desktop variety

"i find it is the ati graphics card (on system video memory: it is 0 MB not sure wt does that mean )" the ati card will have its own dedicated memory chips where as the intel gpu uses system memory

there are plenty of programs to test gpu 3dmark etc

check what power setup you are using does it change when plugged into the wall

not sure how much research you did before buying but the benchmarks are not good.
maybe you should lower the settings...

see for your self http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2825373

3DMark Score

P1871

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graphics Score

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Physics Score

Combined Score

GraphicsTest1

8.63 FPS

GraphicsTest2

8.12 FPS

GraphicsTest3

9.63 FPS

GraphicsTest4

4.78 FPS

PhysicsTest

21.32 FPS

CombinedTest

7.52 FPS

Settings

Default settings used
Yes

Edition
Basic

Screen Width

Screen Height

Msaa Sample Count

Texture Filtering Mode
Trilinear

Max Af Anisotropy

Tessellation Detail

Max Tessellation Factor

ShadowMapSize

Shadow Cascade Count

Surface Shadow Sample Count

Volumetric Illumination Quality

Ambient Occlusion Quality

Depth Of Field Quality

Enable Window Mode
Off

Enable Vertical Sync
Off

Enable Triple Buffering
Off

Enable Wireframe
Off

Color Saturation
100%

civilengineer

Honorable
May 21, 2012
here r my resuts using 3dnark11 basic edition
and from preset i choose Performance 1280X720 ( 720p)
and from Run: benchmarks only

3Mark Score

P1516

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

GraphicsTest1

7.1 FPS

GraphicsTest2

6.56 FPS

GraphicsTest3

7.72 FPS

GraphicsTest4

3.85 FPS

PhysicsTest

17.82 FPS

CombinedTest

6.14 FPS