Plus! and NVIDIA Drivers

Xp Home, SP2. Just updated my NVIDIA Geforce2 MX400
drivers with version 71.84 and discovered that some Plus!
savers are missing parts, such as Mercury pool is missing
the mercury (background is fine). Also sand pendulum is
missing the pendulum and robot circus, the robots. Very
Stange. Aquarium and the others are fine. Everything else
runs fine, games, applications, etc.

I've tryed disabling the multiple view option in NVIDIA
as suggested in MS Knowledge base. No joy.

Any suggestions are welcome.
TIA
7 answers Last reply
More about plus nvidia drivers

    Have you tried uninstalling Plus! and then reinstalling it?
    Is "Hardware Acceleration" set to "Full"?

    [ Right-click on Desktop, select Properties > Settings > Advanced >
    Troubleshoot tab ]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Johnny_1" wrote:

    | Xp Home, SP2. Just updated my NVIDIA Geforce2 MX400
    | drivers with version 71.84 and discovered that some Plus!
    | savers are missing parts, such as Mercury pool is missing
    | the mercury (background is fine). Also sand pendulum is
    | missing the pendulum and robot circus, the robots. Very
    | Stange. Aquarium and the others are fine. Everything else
    | runs fine, games, applications, etc.
    |
    | I've tryed disabling the multiple view option in NVIDIA
    | as suggested in MS Knowledge base. No joy.
    |
    | Any suggestions are welcome.
    | TIA

    Yes, Yes, and Yes. Still no joy.
    I uninstalled the latest NVIDIA driver and installed
    version 66.93. All of the Plus! savers were missing
    pieces. Uninstalled and reinstalled version 61.72 (what I
    updated from).
    That one works!
    I guess if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it - eh?
    Thanks for responding

    Technologies:

    ----------------------------------

    >"Johnny_1" wrote:
    >
    >| Xp Home, SP2. Just updated my NVIDIA Geforce2 MX400
    >| drivers with version 71.84 and discovered that some
    Plus!
    >| savers are missing parts, such as Mercury pool is
    missing
    >| the mercury (background is fine). Also sand pendulum
    is
    >| missing the pendulum and robot circus, the robots.
    Very
    >| Stange. Aquarium and the others are fine. Everything
    else
    >| runs fine, games, applications, etc.
    >|
    >| I've tryed disabling the multiple view option in
    NVIDIA
    >| as suggested in MS Knowledge base. No joy.
    >|
    >| Any suggestions are welcome.
    >| TIA
    >.

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:01:28 -0800, "Johnny_1"

    >Yes, Yes, and Yes. Still no joy.
    >I uninstalled the latest NVIDIA driver and installed
    >version 66.93. All of the Plus! savers were missing
    >pieces. Uninstalled and reinstalled version 61.72 (what I
    >updated from).
    >That one works!
    >I guess if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it - eh?
    >Thanks for responding
    <snip>

    Where did you get that 66.93 driver? It's almost 6 months old.
    Nvidia releases drivers faster than mosquito's multiply.
    Also a known fact that with all the beta and WHQL drivers they
    release, from time to time they release "clunkers" that will jack with
    certain cards. If I waz you, I'd try the newest release
    (71.84)....... a lot of newer games balk if they do not have recent
    drivers installed.

    If you STILL have probs........at least you will still have the older
    driver, that you know will work.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.84.html

    §kullywag©-

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:52:35 GMT, §kullywag©- <skullywag@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:01:28 -0800, "Johnny_1"
    >
    >>Yes, Yes, and Yes. Still no joy.
    >>I uninstalled the latest NVIDIA driver and installed
    >>version 66.93. All of the Plus! savers were missing
    >>pieces. Uninstalled and reinstalled version 61.72 (what I
    >>updated from).
    >>That one works!
    >>I guess if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it - eh?
    >>Thanks for responding
    ><snip>
    >
    >Where did you get that 66.93 driver? It's almost 6 months old.
    >Nvidia releases drivers faster than mosquito's multiply.
    >Also a known fact that with all the beta and WHQL drivers they
    >release, from time to time they release "clunkers" that will jack with
    >certain cards. If I waz you, I'd try the newest release
    >(71.84)....... a lot of newer games balk if they do not have recent
    >drivers installed.
    >
    >If you STILL have probs........at least you will still have the older
    >driver, that you know will work.
    >http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.84.html
    >

    >§kullywag©-
    Please disreguard the foot in my mouth shown above. Only on second
    read did I catch you installed 66.93 AFTER dumping a newer driver.

    That said, were you updating to solve problems? If you can search for
    a site that has slightly older "Detonator" Nvidia drivers archived,
    I've found they work wonders for the older 64MB cards. But keep in
    mind the GeForce 2 MX series are not FULLY DirectX 9 compatible.

    §kullywag©-

    Many thanks to all that responded. The latest driver that
    I tryed was 71.84. Thank You.
    I will stay with 61.77 for now, since it is the one where
    everything works correctly. I didn't realize how old my
    card has become. How time flies!!

    > On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:52:35 GMT, §kullywag©-
    <skullywag@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:01:28 -0800, "Johnny_1"
    > ><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Yes, Yes, and Yes. Still no joy.
    > >>I uninstalled the latest NVIDIA driver and installed
    > >>version 66.93. All of the Plus! savers were missing
    > >>pieces. Uninstalled and reinstalled version 61.72
    (what I
    > >>updated from).
    > >>That one works!
    > >>I guess if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it - eh?
    > >>Thanks for responding
    > ><snip>
    > >
    > >Where did you get that 66.93 driver? It's almost 6
    months old.
    > >Nvidia releases drivers faster than mosquito's
    multiply.
    > >Also a known fact that with all the beta and WHQL
    drivers they
    > >release, from time to time they release "clunkers"
    that will jack with
    > >certain cards. If I waz you, I'd try the newest
    release
    > >(71.84)....... a lot of newer games balk if they do
    not have recent
    > >drivers installed.
    > >
    > >If you STILL have probs........at least you will
    still have the older
    > >driver, that you know will work.
    > >http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.84.html
    > >

    > >§kullywag©-
    > Please disreguard the foot in my mouth shown above.
    Only on second
    > read did I catch you installed 66.93 AFTER dumping a
    newer driver.

    > That said, were you updating to solve problems? If you
    can search for
    > a site that has slightly older "Detonator" Nvidia
    drivers archived,
    > I've found they work wonders for the older 64MB
    cards. But keep in
    > mind the GeForce 2 MX series are not FULLY DirectX 9
    compatible.

    > §kullywag©-

    I know this is simple but I cannot do it. How do I view multiple
    applications concurrently with XP? I want to look at video while I work with
    another application like Outlook, Word, etc.

    Resize the windows so they're not full screen. Then left click on the title bar and drag them around so they're not obstructing each other.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "jwicg" <jwicg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A62E3E50-52A3-4278-BF09-E0D841F17DCE@microsoft.com...

    > I know this is simple but I cannot do it. How do I view multiple
    > applications concurrently with XP? I want to look at video while I work with
    > another application like Outlook, Word, etc.

Configuration Mercury Drivers Nvidia Windows XP