DamonSalvatore

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2012
Hello,
I want to upgrade my PC, at the moment I have i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93 GHz, 2 GB RAM and NVIDIA GT 240 1 GB GPU, 500 GB hard drive and I have a FULL HD display

I have been seeing quite a bit of lag in games shuch as CRYSIS 2 and a minor lag in FIFA 12, I want to get a new PC can anyone please suggest what CPU and GPU I should get so I can play the new games such COD MW 3 and the new ones being launched such as FIFA 13 without the lag over this year and the net, OR should I go for a PS3 slim?
My budget is upto $800 max, lower would be better

It doesn't look like you need to overhaul the whole system, but that video card stands out as a really weak link for a gaming PC. You'll definitely want to prioritize that. The CPU is upgradeable (post your motherboard model for more help) too and RAM is relatively inexpensive these days.

DamonSalvatore

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2012

the motherboard model is DH55HC, I think you're right about the overhauling thing :) and thanks

DamonSalvatore

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2012

thats what I have been thinking...you need to upgrade your PC after every few years and how can the old PS3 still support the new heavier games

DamonSalvatore

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2012

so what GPU do you suggest?

DamonSalvatore

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2012

and can i upgrade my processor on the same motherboard?

You can, though that i3 is still viable.

and there are so many different types of GTX 560's ZOTAC EVGA ASUS? What;s the difference?

In general there aren't big differences between different vendors (they all use the same chips from Nvidia (Geforce) or AMD (Radeon)). Different models from different vendors might have different cooling systems or a small factory overclock, etc. Look at price, read the reviews for loudness and cooling performance, check the vendor's support and return policies/reputation in case you ever need them (hopefully not!).

TRENDING THREADS