8700M GT Black Screen Problem

Wajahatx2

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hi,

I have a laptop and I have a problem with it.The problem is that mostly when I try to play a HD video with Windows Media player.The screen goes black.However, the laptop seems to be running fine.I restarts the laptop and then everything becomes fine.Sometimes, the black screen recovers automatically after some time and I get this message "The Nvidia Drivers 290.53 beta had stopped working and recovered".Well, mostly the screen remains black and doesn't recover.I have to restart the laptop.

If I play the video with VLC media player then it works fine.In games, this problem happened with Far Cry 2 twice maybe (I don't play that game much).All other games works fine.But whenever I try to play a video with Windows Media Player, there are 80% chances for black screen.Why it's so? Any idea?

My Laptop
C2D T8300
2Gb DDR2
8700M GT SLI
WIN 7 32bit
290.53 Beta (Older drivers because I can run games like Witcher 2, Alan Wake, Just Cause 2 fine with them :D)

Abyssalx

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I'm gonna say it's because of the drivers. Is this a recent problem?
You should be able to play games fine on the newest drivers, it's an old card so I assume they'd be up to date to work with everything.

Wajahatx2

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

I also thought so.But there are people with kinda similar problems and changing the drivers didn't help them.Anyway, I'll try the new drivers now.