How do remove the daydate portion of the clock display with windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilsmurf

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I am running Windows 7 premium. The taskbar/notification/clock area @ the bottom of my desktop is huge, like nearly an inch. The Time, Day and Date are one below the other. This takes up so much space especially when u have multiple toolbars, address bar etc @ the top not 2 mention the additional loss of space (of nothingness) @ the top. Leaves less working space than I'm happy with.

How do I gain back the use of that half inch in the taskbar?

Is it possible 2 gain back the lost area @ the top as well?.

I have already gone to Properties and changed the settings there (use small icons). It made no difference at all.

Hope u have an solution 4 me. Thanx
Laurie

Solution
Just to add - you may need yp unlock the taskbar in the first place...

So rightclick on empty part of taskbar, make sure "lock the taskbar" is unticked

use mouse to drag top part of taskbar down.... till its right for you

The relock the taskbar.

the fact you can se ethe Day in the taskbar implies you have somhow got it bigger than normal... mine for instance is the default (I think) and just shows date and time.

You may also want to remove some other toolbars (like the address one you mention?)

Again - right click on toolbar area and in "Toolbar" option - select/deselect the ones you want

Cheers
try this

Click on an empty area of the taskbar and hold the mouse button down.

Now, just drag the mouse down to where you want the taskbar to be. Once you get close enough, it'll jump right into place.

To keep it from jumping around again, right click on the taskbar, and then select Lock the Taskbar.

Just to add - you may need yp unlock the taskbar in the first place...

So rightclick on empty part of taskbar, make sure "lock the taskbar" is unticked

use mouse to drag top part of taskbar down.... till its right for you

The relock the taskbar.

the fact you can se ethe Day in the taskbar implies you have somhow got it bigger than normal... mine for instance is the default (I think) and just shows date and time.

You may also want to remove some other toolbars (like the address one you mention?)

Again - right click on toolbar area and in "Toolbar" option - select/deselect the ones you want

Cheers

Solution

lilsmurf

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

Thanx 4 the help. Ur answer was prompt. I didn't expect an answer for days. It worked perfectly but I did have 2 unlock the taskbar first. I'm liking this site already, lol. Thanx again

lilsmurf

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

Thank u for ur quick answer 2 my problem. Although it really was not a major problem, it was a huge frustration. I sure appreciate ur help :), now doin the "Happy Dance". Thanx again

Status
Not open for further replies.