Rumor Nvidia ready to recall all 600 series graphic cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Hmmm...strange. I don't know, yields are certainly low.

But i'll tell you what i got out of Nvidia's PR. A few days ago (unrelated to this).

I was told that the PR firm knew about the 680, 690 and 670 launches from the beginning. However, they've not been told anything else with certainty. the 660 Ti seems due for Nvidia's third quarter, which is somewhere around sept-oct, but there's not a 100% certainty when it'll come.

Will ask about this stuff, though i doubt i'll get much info.

P.S. this isn't at all like the SATA issue. If there were simply a few defective display outputs then it would have been a fair comparison. SB chips weren't at fault. More like IB's OC heating issues.

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Well if this does affect many cards then it will be problem, its already problematic considering the problems at TSMC making it hard to find a gtx 680 in stock. But apparently Evga is offering to replace defective Gtx670 SC with Gtx670 FTW editions.

hannibal

Distinguished
Hmmm... not very likely... But if there is too many of those cards that have problems, it would by itself be a bad gredibility problem. It is guite normal that there are some defective chip this early of production cycle. The problem is if they can not reliable screen them out from production line.

sirencall

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Im gonna have to call BS.....Im an ATI fan but I know Nvidia usually never makes mistakes this big, and Im sure they had to have done some serious stress testing on prototype models. If it is true than that could be catastrophic for the company financially and reputation wise. Sucks to because I was honestly thinking of getting a 670 this fall once the supply issue was handled. I wonder what the supposed degredation rate is

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Called it.

Disreputable sites publishing false information to drive up ad revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.