Assuming you mean the 600 series, I agree.
Newegg doesn't have 600 series cards stocked and I don't think Nvidia is making them right now. In fact, there are recall rumors for people who already have 6xx cards. Still, if you can live with the 7970 for a while, and all the 6xx problems get fixed, I'd probably look at the GTX680 still.
That's what I thought too, I also have a feeling that Nvidia is recalling their 680 GTXs, it is just a guess thou...
Maybe I will keep my 7970 for now, but the thing is the earlier I sell it, the more money I get for it.
I also have an idea in mind to wait for big Kepler (685/780 GTX), if it's ever gonna be released, and then get rid of 7970.