November 25, 2012 3:17:36 AM

here are my current specs
intel core i5 3570k
asrock z77 extreme 4
corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz
cooler master hyper 212 plus
cooler master haf 912
xfx core edition 550w
ivy bridge offers only 5% performance increase over sandybridge and it also runs hotter and the next haswell will be using 1150 chipset so is it worth of waiting for haswell or go for the current specs ?

More about : worth waiting haswell

a b à CPUs
November 25, 2012 3:25:10 AM

What specs do you have now? or is the specs you listed above your computer. If those are the specs of your curren't computer then yea wait for haswell. if you have sandy bridge...wait for haswell
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2012 4:02:49 AM

Yes, Wait for Haswell, if you are not in a hurry.
Even, the rates of Ivy Bridge will fall down once Haswell is released.
m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2012 4:04:36 AM

Rockdpm said:
What specs do you have now? or is the specs you listed above your computer. If those are the specs of your curren't computer then yea wait for haswell. if you have sandy bridge...wait for haswell

the current specs are
intel core2duo E8400 3ghz(running at stock speeds)
asus g33 motherboard
4gb ddr2 800mhz ram
cooler master extreme power plus 460w
asus direct cu gtx 550ti
zebronics antibiotic case
1tb hdd 7200rpm
m
l
November 25, 2012 4:59:24 AM

to tell you the truth, percentages are just numbers. As i am typing this, im looking at the temperatures of my i5 3570k. Using a cooler master hyper 212+ getting 29 degrees C running at a core clock of 3.8 ghz. i have never had a micro stutter gamming wise. and multitasking wise I've had 16 programs open and had no change in performance. Thats my opinion on the Ivy Bridge. But as a matter of fact the difference between cool and not is a case. Have a well ventilated and filtered case, like the NZXT switch (which im currently using) is very useful.
I hope this helps a bit.
m
l
November 25, 2012 6:04:34 AM

pounditjellyfish said:
to tell you the truth, percentages are just numbers. As i am typing this, im looking at the temperatures of my i5 3570k. Using a cooler master hyper 212+ getting 29 degrees C running at a core clock of 3.8 ghz. i have never had a micro stutter gamming wise. and multitasking wise I've had 16 programs open and had no change in performance. Thats my opinion on the Ivy Bridge. But as a matter of fact the difference between cool and not is a case. Have a well ventilated and filtered case, like the NZXT switch (which im currently using) is very useful.
I hope this helps a bit.

so finally what u are telling ?
m
l
!