Dial-up Dimm Connection

My Computer was very slow and I decided to re-install XP Pro and have done
it on top of the old configuration.

When finished, I noted that all dialup connections have been deleted.

I tried to re-create the deleted connections, in the " New Connection
Wizard - and after it, in the " Set up my connection manually ".

I clicked " Next " and found both options "Connect using a dial-up modem"
and " Connect using a broadband connection that requires a using name and
password " both dimmed and not workable.
The option " Connect using a broad band connection that is always on " is
normal lightened.

As I need to connect a dial-up connection, what is wrong or what file is
missing, provoking the dimmed of such options ?

Can someone who had this problem before give me a good guidance ?

I thank in advance for assistance.

Do start->run->services.msc
Look at "Remote Access Connection Manager" (not "Remote Access Auto
Connection Manager") and "Telephony". Make sure they both are started. If
not, insure that they are both set to manual, rather than automatic, and
attempt to start "Remote Access Connection Manager". I will probably fail
and if so I need to see the exact error message. You can simplify getting
the message and reason by going into event viewer (start->run->eventvwr.msc)
and locating the red Error messages associated with the attempt to start the
service. Double click it/them and copy back *exactly* what it says, with no
attempt at interpretation or short cut.

--
Walter Clayton

"Microsoft" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> My Computer was very slow and I decided to re-install XP Pro and have done
> it on top of the old configuration.
>
> When finished, I noted that all dialup connections have been deleted.
>
> I tried to re-create the deleted connections, in the " New Connection
> Wizard - and after it, in the " Set up my connection manually ".
>
> I clicked " Next " and found both options "Connect using a dial-up modem"
> and " Connect using a broadband connection that requires a using name and
> password " both dimmed and not workable.
> The option " Connect using a broad band connection that is always on " is
> normal lightened.
>
> As I need to connect a dial-up connection, what is wrong or what file is
> missing, provoking the dimmed of such options ?
>
> Can someone who had this problem before give me a good guidance ?
>
> I thank in advance for assistance.

kelly

Hi,

Automated Edit:

Dial-Up Modem or PPPoE is Unavailable (Line 87)

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

Manual Edit:

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP
Delete the subkeys listed except 13 and 4.

Standard Checkpoints:

Go to Start/Administrative Tools/Services. Set these three to "Automatic":

Remote Access Connection Manager, Remote Access Auto Connection Manager,
Telephony.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,