Using Kodak Kiosk Print Order

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 14, 2005 6:30:38 PM

A local store has these Kodak kiosks-insert memory card, choose sizes,
make order for prints of digital images which I used for the first time
the other day.

Is there a resource site that gives guidelines as to what resolution for
printing one would best use if an image has processing applied (crop,
sharpened etc and saved as jpg)

I tried an original from the Rebel XT 350 (default 72 pixel) camera and
the Kodak print order machine wanted to crop some off when a 4*6 size
was chosen. Moving on to the 5*7 size the machine allowed that to fill
the whole picture.

Images I had saved in Paint Shop Pro to suit an 8*10 with 200 dpi fit
into the scheme and eventually printed out very well and the reverse
happened attempting to fit this same image into the smaller sizes.(5*7
or 4*6) part of the image was cut off with the red box selection built
into this Kodak Kiosk machine.

Would using the 'at home printing sizing' apply to ordering a print
through this Kodak Print Order machine. I think the vendor has a Fuji
commercial printing equipment. I'm not sure which is controlling the end
product the Print Order software or the Printing Equipment. Its ordinary
clerks operating this equipment so its not much use asking specification
questions of them.

RoseW
August 14, 2005 11:13:17 PM

"RoseW" <wdmn@NShurontel.on.ca> wrote in message
>A local store has these Kodak kiosks-insert memory card, choose sizes,
> make order for prints of digital images which I used for the first time
> the other day.
>
> Is there a resource site that gives guidelines as to what resolution for
> printing one would best use if an image has processing applied (crop,
> sharpened etc and saved as jpg)
>
> I tried an original from the Rebel XT 350 (default 72 pixel) camera and
> the Kodak print order machine wanted to crop some off when a 4*6 size
> was chosen. Moving on to the 5*7 size the machine allowed that to fill
> the whole picture.

A 4X6 has a different aspect ratio then a 5X7. Some cropping has to happen.