Help with power supply in Bitfenix Prodigy

Hello,
I am building Mini ITX bitfenix prodigy build. Using Asus Z77 mini itx mobo with the vertical vrm board. OC'd i7-3770k to 4.5ghz and gigabyte triple fan Radeon 7970 Ghz edition stock oc of 1100mhz requires 2x 8 pin pci-e and recommends a 600 watt power supply.

When using modular cabling the bitfenix prodigy can only accept 140mm depth power supplies. So I am looking for a fully modular, 550 watt minimum, 140mm max depth PSU.

Are there any 550w + 140mm MAX depth Power Supplies that are fully modular as well, also needs 2x 8 pin or 6+2 pin pci-e connectors?
7 answers Last reply
More about help power supply bitfenix prodigy
  1. Uhm, well... ***, son.

Have you considered doing a little bit of light modding? Cutting out holes where the modular cables sit shouldn't be too bad, and would probably make your life a LOT easier when it came to cabling.
  2. how is modding the case easier than just getting a 140mm depth psu

Can anyone find me a 550w+, 140mm depth, fully modular, 2x 8 or 6+2 pci-e connectors PSU?

I would greatly appreciate it.
  3. I found the perfect power supply
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256086

SILVERSTONE ST65F-G 650W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Compact 140mm Depth Design for Easy Integration
    2x 6 pin and 2x 2+6 pin pci-e

It may be 140 dollars but if you want a fully modular 140mm depth power supply that's at least 600 watts there is really no other option even. I can't find a single other 600+ watt fully modular 140mm depth psu with proper pci-e connectors.
  4. SilverStone really are the only brand who sells any fully modular PSUs with short/small cases.
  5. Just a note. If you want to save some money, the space under the motherboard on this case is very big and you generally can't use it for much. There's a lot of space to tuck excess cables, if that's an option for you.
    If that isn't, then like you said there isn't a huge amount of options. There's quite a lot of space in there but because of the solid wall and the way modular connectors usually fit (straight in), you are a bit limited. The AX series of Corsair is supposed to fit fine, and they are 160mm long, so you might have more room than you think.
  6. 160mm PSU's fit fine - We've tested it ourselves with fully modular, semi modular, and non-modular. And if you're not liking the space, try 150mm. A little more leg room. You don't have to go with 140mm.
  7. well the 140mm silverstone is exactly the right wattage and fully modular and 80+ gold so I think I'm gonna go with it. The more room for the cables the better
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies PCI Express Components Product