Very Excited About New System-BUT...

michael_panda

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Okay, so I started buying for a new system I'm going to build. First time building one but I know how to put together, take apart, destroy, and put back together a desktop. Here's what I found and I'm sticking to it... (just been searching for lower prices :sarcastic: )

Case - Diablotek EVO CPA-6170 Mid-Tower Computer Case

Motherboard - GigaByte MOBO GA-970A-UD3

Power Supply - CX600 80 PLUS PSU (Maybe on this one might get something better)

Graphics Card - Zotac GeForce GTX560 1GB DDR5 256bit ZT-50708-10M

Processor - AMD Black Edition AMD FX 4100 3.60 GHz Processor

Memory - Crucial 12GB DDR3 SDRAM

(Forgot) HD - Already have a Seagate 1.5 TB

I found a way to flash Windows Vista so that's covered.

Is there Anything I need to know after putting in all of the new hardware? (Do I need anything else bought, Anything need to be done to the mobo to make it work, Just anything.)

Solution
Here is one thing you could do. If you have a Windows XP CD already (64-bit), just install it first (making sure to remove it on the other system, if any), then use the upgrade CD to upgrade to Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
you can get windows 8 for free. you can if your in school or collage get windows 7 at a discount. or you can buy an older windows disk off of ebay.you dont have to install the os for the upgrade cd to work all you need do is when the upgrade says it cant find windows on your hard drive you put the older os cd into the cd-rom drive. it read a few files from the cd then ask for the windows upgrade cd to be put back into the cd-rom drive.

michael_panda

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

What kind of problems.. I saw this as a system recommendation on Micro Center. Well I looked around for systems to JUST build to play a game or two. And I found it a forum somewhere..

michael_panda

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Already ordered the case. And they're on crucial.

michael_panda

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

I have a windows xp installation but it's for my parent's gateway... that definitely won't work and it's 32 bit. :sweat: