900 dollar gaming/autodesk inventor rig.

Approximate Purchase Date: 8 weeks

Budget Range: 900 dollars before rebates and before shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, 3d engineering, interwebs.

Are you buying a monitor: no

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Location: Iowa city, Iowa

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: AMD

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1600x1200 (might get upgrade later.)

Additional Comments: Will be using windows 7 ultamite 64 bit untill 8 comes out.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My computer has a dual core 2.6 gh processor and a weak graphics card. I have some money set aside and its time.


Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147060

MOBO:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131735

Graphics: 2x
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121442

Disk drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118031

PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148046

Ram:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820576011

Processor: see note at end
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103960

harddrive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840


I know there is some controversy about the bulldozer processor but the reasons i selected it is that even though it lacks some compared to the new i-7 sandy bridge processors in gaming, it is much cheaper and i am a heavy multi-tasker. Also, windows 8 is supposed to have much better support for the architecture of the Bulldozer.
5 answers Last reply
More about dollar gaming autodesk inventor
  1. you do not need a quad core cpu to use inventor. you need a single fast core to use most CAD packages. even the big hitters like pro/e and catia only use 1-2 cores.
  2. cbrunnem said:
    you do not need a quad core cpu to use inventor. you need a single fast core to use most CAD packages. even the big hitters like pro/e and catia only use 1-2 cores.


    But when i have several auto-desk programs open (4-5), i cant use a single core or dual core.

    Also, this is meant for high end gaming as well.
  3. fred4106 said:
    But when i have several auto-desk programs open (4-5), i cant use a single core or dual core.

    Also, this is meant for high end gaming as well.


    so you will have like Inventor and other autodesk programs open or several inventor files open?

    high end gaming doesnt need anything past 4 threads or a 2500k. i think that you should cut the cpu down and get a ssd.

    edit: with the amount the 8150 has decreased in price i cant really say cut cpu cost but at the same time the cost has decreased like 80 bucks since release which is AMD saying that the cpu is not good.
  4. cbrunnem said:
    so you will have like Inventor and other autodesk programs open or several inventor files open?

    several files open per each autodesk program.

    cbrunnem said:

    high end gaming doesnt need anything past 4 threads or a 2500k. i think that you should cut the cpu down and get a ssd.

    edit: with the amount the 8150 has decreased in price i cant really say cut cpu cost but at the same time the cost has decreased like 80 bucks since release which is AMD saying that the cpu is not good.

    If i go the 2500k route, could you help me select a comparable mobo.
    Also, my graphics cards should be more then a match for modern games correct?

    Thanks much
  5. so you will have more then one autodesk program open at once with multiple files. ok thats good to know.

    i5 combos (< $350)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.959055
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.989833

    i7 combos are going to run right at 400 dollars though which is the cost you are at right now. you do not need a high end motherboard unless your doing extreme overclocking which you have not mentioned doing..

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

    great cpu and awesome motherboard for the price.

    forgot your gpu question. go for one good card over two ok cards. something like this.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127663&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-Video%20Cards-_-MSI-_-14127663&AID=10440897&PID=3938566&SID=

    as you might be able to tell i prefer the lastest and best tech.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product