No Signal after BIOS

amccormick

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
RUNDOWN

This is an older comp and I no longer have a need for high end gaming but I recently pulled it out after a few years and started playing a few old games on it. The system was working fine for approximately 3 weeks then I recently started getting phantom restarts while playing a game. I originally thought the issue may have been temperature related so I changed my shutdown option within windows but it continued to restart.

Then I decided that I would adjust some of the settings within BIOS to allow my components to run at higher temperatures.

After this, my BIOS now shows up on my screen but I am unable to enter my BIOS to make adjustments and shortly after BIOS starts i receive "No Signal" on my screen despite the fact that the computer is still running.

TROUBLESHOOTING ATTEMPTS THUS FAR

Removed MOBO battery to reset CMOS

Removed video card to run off onboard graphics

Removed and tested RAM

Switched graphics card to different PCI slot

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Win 7 ultimate 64bit
GA-MA790X-DS4
AMD X2 64
Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
SSD (Boot Drive)
2 (HDDS)
*Computer is connected to a tv via HDMI. However the fact that bios initially shows up on the screen suggests that this is a non issue.

ODD OCCURRENCES

I am no longer able to restart or turn off my computer with the power button I have to turn it off from the power supply switch.

With the RAM unplugged I had full on/off functionality without having to use the back switch.

Not able to enter BIOS setup to adjust settings.

BIOS starts up, detects RAM then goes to "No Signal"

TAKE NOTE

I have recently located to a new city for a job and dont have any old computer parts to attempt to trouble shoot with. Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
pulling the cmos battery wont work if there power to the mb..you want to unplug the mb and put the clear cmos jumper to clear and leave it there for two or three hours with the pc unplugged to that all power drains from the mn and the cmos resets.
also make sure the hard rive and cd-rom and all cards (video/sound) are removed you want to bare bone the pc..one stick of ram and the onboard video. if you cant get the mb to reset it could be mb issues or cpu. i never seen a pc mb not reset withthe cmos jumper set to clear.
pulling the cmos battery wont work if there power to the mb..you want to unplug the mb and put the clear cmos jumper to clear and leave it there for two or three hours with the pc unplugged to that all power drains from the mn and the cmos resets.
also make sure the hard rive and cd-rom and all cards (video/sound) are removed you want to bare bone the pc..one stick of ram and the onboard video. if you cant get the mb to reset it could be mb issues or cpu. i never seen a pc mb not reset withthe cmos jumper set to clear.

Solution

Latest posts