Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire reference 7950 vs Gigabyte GTX 670 OC WindForce

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 21, 2012 9:45:33 PM

Help me buy one product:

What should i chose: Sapphire reference 7950 with 3 games included (Nexuiz, DiRT Showdown, Deus Ex: Human Revolution)...

or Gigabyte OC Windforce GTX 670 with no games and 57 more bucks?
May 21, 2012 10:12:12 PM

i mean i have to pay 57 more bucks
a c 595 U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 10:24:07 PM

It all depends on if you place any value on the added benefits of the 670 over the 7950, which include: 10%-20% higher overall performance, better relative performance in some of the more popular games (e.g. BF3, Skyrim), PhysX, Adaptive VSync, FXAA, and good driver support. Are those benefits good enough to make up for the price and the value of three free games?
Related resources
May 21, 2012 10:26:09 PM

this is what makes it to be a hard pick. maybe i should go for the performance since i intend to have a gaming machine for the years to come.
May 21, 2012 10:29:52 PM

though this 10-20% performance will cost me 3 games (100 dollars worth) and another 57 dollars. does it worth it?
a c 595 U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 11:15:01 PM

I believe in pushing my budget as far as possible, rather than look for the discounts. I don't want to ever be in a situation where I have to wonder if, "gee, maybe I should've paid the extra 50 bucks and gotten something a little bit better." This one is a tough call, but only if you are interested in playing any of those 3 games. If you are going to be spending most of your time playing games like Skyrim, though, I'd stick with the 670 all the way.
May 22, 2012 6:20:53 AM

yeah. i'll try to get that one than.
a c 595 U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 4:48:00 PM

The Gigabyte Windforce cooler is really nice, very cool and quiet.
Here's a review:

http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=1506&page=19
Quote:
"In terms of performance, this Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce is an absolute behemoth, finishing within spitting distance of the stock GTX 680. Perhaps more interesting is that this card, Nvidia's second-best, doesn't beat AMD's second-best card; it beats AMD's best card. And quite handily as well. That is impressive, no matter if you're an Nvidia fanboy or not. Further, the performance per watt is a significant advancement with Kepler. Providing better framerates is one thing, but bringing more horsepower while sucking less juice is very impressive."

Here is something about the custom components used in the Gigabyte version:
"While the PCB layout appears to be identical to that of NVIDIA reference design GeForce GTX 680, it is backed by GIGABYTE exclusives such as 2 oz copper PCB layers, electrical ripple control, tier 1 GDDR5 memory chips, ferrite core chokes, low RDS (on) MOSFETs, and Japanese solid-state capacitors."
http://www.guru3d.com/news/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-670-win...

Another review:
Quote:
"I can say with confidence that this is the quietest video card I have ever used. It was barely audible, even at the 47% fan speed it reached when the Gigabyte GTX 670 was at its warmest. Even when overclocked, the fan speed only reached 49% and the temperature only reached 74C. Considering it is a dual-slot video card, these results are extremely satisfying."
http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/video-cards/17774?s...

I notice you have received pretty much the same consistent opinions in your other threads around the web. Cheers!
!