Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this psu enough?

Last response: in Components
Share
November 25, 2012 9:44:55 AM

core i5 3570k(will be overclocked to 4.5ghz)
asrock z77 extreme4
corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz
amd 7850 1gb(will be overclocked)
cooler master haf 912
cooler master hyper 212
the psu i have selected is xfx pro core edition 550w

More about : psu

a b ) Power supply
November 25, 2012 9:51:50 AM

will be fine...
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
November 25, 2012 12:09:38 PM

yes
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 12:58:18 PM

Brett928S2 said:
yes

unfortunately this psu is not available in my area any other suggestions at this price
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 25, 2012 1:05:20 PM

What price ?

Seasonic G series 550W

Seasonic M/S 12II 520W/620W

XFX Core Edition Pro 650W

Corsair Tx 650W V2 50$ on newegg with rebate
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 2:03:45 PM

I vote for the xfx core edition 650w since you will be OCing both CPU and GPU.Extra 100w of breathing space helps keep your PSU under lower loads.But yes you can get away with less if it is a good quality PSU.

Any of the PSUs prototype18 look good although I prefer them the way the are,from best to worst.All of them are very good but a pure seasonic is another thing ;) 
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 3:46:21 PM

prototype18 said:
What price ?

Seasonic G series 550W

Seasonic M/S 12II 520W/620W

XFX Core Edition Pro 650W

Corsair Tx 650W V2 50$ on newegg with rebate

only corsair cx 600v2 is available in my area is that enough?
m
0
l
November 25, 2012 4:00:36 PM

blacknemesist said:
I vote for the xfx core edition 650w since you will be OCing both CPU and GPU.Extra 100w of breathing space helps keep your PSU under lower loads.But yes you can get away with less if it is a good quality PSU.

Any of the PSUs prototype18 look good although I prefer them the way the are,from best to worst.All of them are very good but a pure seasonic is another thing ;) 

650w is too much even if i look to the future upgrades because processors and gpu's are being made enery efficient on coming days so i thought 650w will be a overkill at max case i will use only 7850 not surely gtx 690 like cards.what do u say?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 25, 2012 4:24:02 PM

vishalaestro said:
650w is too much even if i look to the future upgrades because processors and gpu's are being made enery efficient on coming days so i thought 650w will be a overkill at max case i will use only 7850 not surely gtx 690 like cards.what do u say?


you would be able to run your system on the XFX pro 450W version if you wanted. my OCed i5 2500k and 560 ti never uses more than 350W even when running stress tests on the CPU and GPU. an i5 2500k and 7850 rig I built used even less than that. Normal gaming usage (playing BF3 for my tests) you're looking at under 250W.

I wouldn't bother with 600W+ unless it's a really good deal or just as cheap as a 450/500W.
m
0
l
a c 280 ) Power supply
November 25, 2012 4:37:45 PM

vishalaestro said:
only corsair cx 600v2 is available in my area is that enough?


More than enough, and with availability in your area being spotty, you might want to
get it even tho you don't need 600w.

Tom
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 25, 2012 7:40:57 PM

Well Cx 600 is more like a 500W and has bad voltage regulation..

Where are u buying from so i can help you out.
m
0
l
November 26, 2012 12:24:15 PM

prototype18 said:
Well Cx 600 is more like a 500W and has bad voltage regulation..

Where are u buying from so i can help you out.

ok guys brought corsair gs600 finally this is the only psu which is very good in my area even seasonic was not available
m
0
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2012 12:36:25 PM

Yes Gs 600 its better than Cx 600.Good choice.

Good Luck !
Share
November 26, 2012 12:57:05 PM

prototype18 said:
Yes Gs 600 its better than Cx 600.Good choice.

Good Luck !

this is the final build i got
corei5 3570k
asrock z77 extreme4
corsair gs600
corsair 400r
corsair vengeance 2x4gb
unfortunately i didn't have enough money for the cooler so i will buy it next month
m
0
l
November 26, 2012 12:57:22 PM

Best answer selected by vishalaestro.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2012 1:01:01 PM

Just great !

Hyper 212 Evo will suffice you .Its cheap and does the job . U can easily touch 4.5 Ghz.

The case is good too :) 
m
0
l
!