What type of network cable to go from Router to switch?

Okay, so I am finally upgrading to broadband internet to replace DSL. However, with the new cable router there will be a cable going from the router to an unmanaged switch to another unmanaged switch. (Router - Switch - Switch - Computer)

I know you can not use a normal network cable off the shelf to go between switches, so what exactly do I need or, at least, what is it called?

3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what type network cable router switch
  1. Best answer
    What you are talking about is a crossover cable. Unless you have older switches you shouldn't need one. Now most switches auto detect the cable type and you can use a regular straight through cable.
  2. I'll buy a couple just in case. Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated.
  3. Best answer selected by ahthurungnone.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Switch Cable Networking