AMD or Intel ?

im using 5 years a intel e4500. its bit slow for now. its a dual core 2.20Ghz
im planning to buy a AMD II X2 270 also a dual core white 3.4Ghz or maybe a AMD II X3 450 thats an triple core 3.2Ghz

now what is better for gaming ?

the 270 or the 450 i maybe already know the awnser the 450. but

How much FPS will i get on mw2 white the 270 and the 450 ?

also i need a grapich card but that im gonna buy later.

btw amd doesnt support intel so my motherbord need to change either.

planning to buy an ASRock N68 VS3 UCC
or an
ASRock N68 GS3 UCC

because the GS3 has 2 pci slots and the VS3 only one

but i dont think im gonna get a sli.

but is that motherbord still good after like 8 years xD !
28 answers Last reply
More about intel
  1. Why not go for a new a10 or a fx 4300?
  2. no money for it. i want to upgrade my 5 years old pc white not much costs. i think the 270 is a good choice because it kost like 47 euros the 450 the triple core kost 57 euro;s for 10 euro's extra i got a pretty good processor right ?
  3. better buy new processor for god's sake pecouse I had bought from second hand and had lot's of problems

P.S. My PC is 7 years old :D but still runs!
  4. i dont know what to do i want the triple core 450 but i dont know what motherbord. or i take 1 motherbord that has 2 pci slots. but cant overclock or i take the motherbord that can overclock but has 1 pci-e slot.

i dont think im gonna use a sli.
  5. little question if i want to overclock. my triple core than the memory will be overclocked two right ?
    im planning to buy this

Corsair Value Select 4 GB, PC3-12800, 1600 MHz, 11, Non-ECC, Single

single later if i sold my e4500 and my p5ld2-vm/s planning to buy another one

what is the max if i overclock my triple core 450 ?
  6. Phenom X6 or X4

They're pretty cheap and reasonably fast.
  7. With the concern with the number of pci-e slots?
    I can tell you right now that with your budget you wont SLI.SLI becomes expensive PSU wise and by the time you got the money to SLI you can buy a single card setup that outpreforms 2 card in SLI.SLI is for rich people ;)
  8. your right

@ teknomochey the 450 kost 57 euro wat is payable for me. the x4 945kost 73 euro
    and i need to buy either a motherbord. i know its like buying it 1 time and i can play years on it. but still its to expensive. because 73+35+20 = 130 euro for cpu motherbord and 4gb of memory. and i dont have a grapich card. i have one a club3d hd 4350 512mb. i can get a free one. but there is a small chance. so im looking at the price

i think my choise is the x3 450 asrock n68 vs3 ucc and 4g ram from
  9. little question whice one is faster can be a dumb question

the amd II X2 270 or the amd II X3 450 ?
    the X2 270 has L2 2mb
    the X3 450 has L2 1.5mb
  10. i searched more and came out that the triple cores has a hidden 4th core ? something. to unlock the 4th core you need a motherbord that supports it

The asrock N68 vs3 ucc is the cheapest amd3 motherbord what i can choose.
    it supports overclocking and core unlocker.

so i think im done white choising.

amd X3 450
    ASRock n68 VS3 ucc
  11. The thing with those unlockable 4th cores is that it is kind of like a lottery ticket. Most of the times they lock the 4th core because it is problematic and not so stable. That being said there may be a chance you will not get a 4th core.
  12. oke i heard it depends on the processor u using how can i make it work that i get my 4th core ? and is it effectief ? or only visable ?
  13. The 4th core is pretty effective and visible in terms of monitoring temperatures and stuff. However I don't know any way to guarantee you will get the 4th core since it's all based on the CPU, don't think you can do anything on your part to ensure you can unlock the 4th core.
  14. i dont use the stock cooler i have a zalman cnp 9300 at
  15. Err...what's the cooler got to do with unlocking a core?

Edit: If you meant overclocking then yes the cooler would help significantly over the stock cooler.
  16. i dont know xD maybe there is produced more heat xD
  17. Well like I said above it helps when you overclock to have an aftermarket cooler to help cool the CPU. Anyways no harm done by attempting to unlock the 4th core, sometimes AMD disables the 4th core without any problems which is why people can unlock the 4th core and utilize it. I suggest running prime 95 if you do unlock the 4th core to ensure stability.
  18. oke. so it cant harm my cpu.

im planning this but i have at the moment only 15 euro xD
    i will get after this month like 45 euro from my work im just 14 years old.
    3 december santa claus will come i dont believe in it (duuh) and im gonna ask my daddy some money or if he want to pay the whole set ofcourse better xD !

white my work paper bringing i will get tickets for new years day. and people will pay you on their door. becuase your always brin ging the paper. so hopeflly i will get some white that either. and i think this year no fireworks. after december im gonna buy my set. than i wait when i got a free grapich card.

a good one. (got some good connections from my paper bringing)
    hoping for 2 months after 2 months my birhday is on 15 march and than im gonna ask a proper grapich card + psu
  19. vinootje said:
    oke. so it cant harm my cpu.

im planning this but i have at the moment only 15 euro xD
    i will get after this month like 45 euro from my work im just 14 years old.
    3 december santa claus will come i dont believe in it (duuh) and im gonna ask my daddy some money or if he want to pay the whole set ofcourse better xD !

white my work paper bringing i will get tickets for new years day. and people will pay you on their door. becuase your always brin ging the paper. so hopeflly i will get some white that either. and i think this year no fireworks. after december im gonna buy my set. than i wait when i got a free grapich card.

a good one. (got some good connections from my paper bringing)
    hoping for 2 months after 2 months my birhday is on 15 march and than im gonna ask a proper grapich card + psu

Are you sure there is no Santa Claus? I work at the north pole....... ;)
  20. HAHAHA oke sorry im not sure. xD

could you send met the

ASRock N68 VS3 UCC
    AMD II X3 450
    corsair 4Gb DDR3

ooh wait u work on the north pole for santa claus

send me all computer stuff all the best stuff 1000x times

ill thank you later xD
  21. I'll see if that can be arranged ;)
    Make sure you behave well if you want all those parts :lol:
  22. but serious back on topic xD uuhm.

its getting a little bit more expensive because i was planning to buy a X2 270 but becasue i saw topics about unlocking the 4th core. i felt in love and cant let the amd x3 450 go

so thats gonna cost 10 euro's more xD
  23. What is your budget for the CPU? I myself bought a Phenom II X4 955 Black edition for a mere 69.99 cdn which is the same price here for a Athlon x3 450.
  24. the x4 965 cost here 86 euro;s thats going to far

i was planning to spend max 50 euro for the cpu and 40 for the motherbord.
    but my cpu has reaced 7 euros above the budget so i need to remove 7 euro from the motherbord but thats than 33 euro for the motherbord.
    and my choise is 35 euro

so asrock n68 vs3 ucc cost 35 euro
    amd x3 450 cost 57 euro.
    corsair 4 gb ddr3 20 euro
    i came a little bit above my budget. but more i wont spend sorry
  25. Can you provide a website where you are doing the shopping? I can do some looking around to see if there are any other CPUs available that are cheaper.
  26. i am currently buying those itemsfrom a website. its a webshop in my village. 2 of them

the most parts like the motherbord and the cpu are the cheapest at number 1
    but they dont have ddr3 memory what im searching ddr3 from corsair 1600MHz
    cost 20 euro

i can afford any website. but i can only pay. when the package is delivered at my adres that i pay him cash
  27. vinootje said:
    i am currently buying those itemsfrom a website. its a webshop in my village. 2 of them

the most parts like the motherbord and the cpu are the cheapest at number 1
    but they dont have ddr3 memory what im searching ddr3 from corsair 1600MHz
    cost 20 euro

i can afford any website. but i can only pay. when the package is delivered at my adres that i pay him cash

How about a intel pentium those are pretty cheap
  28. are they better ? im currenty going to collect for an amd X3 450 for 57 euro whice pentium is cheaper and better ?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Dual Core Intel