Intel Pentium D 915 CPU to hot?

Hello, I just recently got a ''new'' PC and I checked the temp on my CPU and it's 53C (127F) and my PC is running somewhat idle (Google Chrome opened and a program called Steam) I am running a stock fan. If that temp normal or to much? also my fan is running on 835RPM.
8 answers Last reply
More about intel pentium
  1. I would say its pretty hot, the Tcase temperature for that processor on Intel's website is 63.4 degrees. If near idle and your almost there I can imagine what happens when your at load. Anyways what program are you using to check the temperatures?
  2. socialfox said:
    I would say its pretty hot, the Tcase temperature for that processor on Intel's website is 63.4 degrees. If near idle and your almost there I can imagine what happens when your at load. Anyways what program are you using to check the temperatures?

AIDA64 Extreme Edition

When I got the PC it ran really well, but after a 2-3 weeks it started to run slowly. I also changed my 80GB HDD to a 150HDD.
  3. Try using HWmonitor just to make sure it isnt anything wrong with the program your currently using. In addition, check the heatsink for any dust buildup.
  4. 53C is actually pretty cool for that CPU (the netburst/netbust CPUs naturally ran hot). I've ran an OCed P4 up to 80C before it shut down so you're in the norm.
  5. I see thanks for the help:)

whooleo, got any tips to OC this thing? I would like it to run faster a bit, but I have never OC anything.
  6. Angels112 said:
    I see thanks for the help:)

whooleo, got any tips to OC this thing? I would like it to run faster a bit, but I have never OC anything.

1. Make sure you have a decent mobo for OCing
    2. Look up some OC guides for socket LGA 775.
    3. buy a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 or 212+/EVO heatsink (I'm using a Hyper TX3 on a Pentium D 925 @ 4.05GHz with good temps)
    4 .OC that bad boy!
  7. whooleo said:
    1. Make sure you have a decent mobo for OCing
    2. Look up some OC guides for socket LGA 775.
    3. buy a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 or 212+/EVO heatsink (I'm using a Hyper TX3 on a Pentium D 925 @ 4.05GHz with good temps)
    4 .OC that bad boy!

Is this mobo good?

http://ark.intel.com/products/22638/Intel-Desktop-Board-DG965SS

what do you think how far could I oc this with a stock fan?
  8. Angels112 said:
    Is this mobo good?

http://ark.intel.com/products/22638/Intel-Desktop-Board-DG965SS

what do you think how far could I oc this with a stock fan?

It's a decent mobo. Using stock you'll probably be able to get to at least 3.4GHz depending on your case and room temp.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Fan