phillylol

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Ok, i was wondering what type of motherboard i should pair with i3 2120 and 7770 4gb 1600 RAM. How would this run on a 1440x900, bf3,high or ultra with AA off.

Solution
Your motherboard wont bottleneck your components unless the main PCI-E slot is at 8x or below. Any LGA1155 socket board will do, I would suggest a Z68 board from any of the brands Finneous suggested.

Not exactly sure how well that configuration will work in a gaming scenario. The components arent all that powerful but you have a lower resolution. I'l admit I don't know.
Your motherboard wont bottleneck your components unless the main PCI-E slot is at 8x or below. Any LGA1155 socket board will do, I would suggest a Z68 board from any of the brands Finneous suggested.

Not exactly sure how well that configuration will work in a gaming scenario. The components arent all that powerful but you have a lower resolution. I'l admit I don't know.

Solution
It wont, and im not saying it will. But you might as well get the newer technology. It is true that you could go h61 and save some cash (I'm actually surprised with the difference, $40 on two equivalent ASUS boards), but it doesn't have features like SATA 6GB/s, overclocking, SRT and switching between dedicated and integrated graphics for Intel Quicksync. I guess it depends on how much the OP wants to future proof the build.

I don't think it's really worth it, seeing how you can't OC the i3, SRT is a useleas gimmick when a 120 GB SSD boot drive costs less than $100, and most people I think don't need quicksync either. SATA3 seems to only benefit higher end SSDs and not even in all applications. Well, up to the OP. On a budget though I don't think it's money well spent.