BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe & dxgmms1.sys

Was listening to music on Spotify, Playing football manager, and browsing via Chrome when I received a BSOD. At the time of the BSOD, I was just about to go make myself something to eat so I didn't see what it screen actually said. But I do have "blue screen view" installed and looked to see what has caused the BSOD
dxgmms1.sys & ntoskrnl.exe are high lighted red, while it says it was caused by dxgmms1.sys. As you can see in this img: http://i.imgur.com/dmFP5.jpg
I think it has something to do with my graphics drivers so I've uninstalled them and re-installed from ATI's website and haven't gotten a BSOD yet. Although I've only played 2 games of League of Legends so haven't tested much.

Specs:
Mobo - Gigabyte M68M- S2P
GPU - ATI 6770
CPU - AMD Phenom x4 9650

Anyone got an idea what caused this BSOD and if I should be worried?
2 answers Last reply
More about bsod ntoskrnl dxgmms1
  1. yes...this problem is coming from incorrect or corrupted drive ... you should scan your drive ...to solve your problem
  2. Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Basically, the Windows Kernal [ntoskrnl.exe] ran into an exception and crashed. This typically means some other program/driver caused memory corruption that brought down the OS.

In this case, a DX critical DLL was indicated, which means you might have a GPU problem. RAM can't be ruled out though.

For now, the first steps you should do:

1: Run memtest86 on each stick of RAM, one at a time. If any stick has an error, thats likely the cause of your problems.

2: If that fails to find a problem, use a different version of the GPU driver.

3: If the problem still remains, try testing with a different GPU. Its possible the GPU HW itself is bad [happened to me not too long ago...]
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen Ntoskrnl.Exe Windows 7