Need help choosing a good water cooling kit

biggc8839

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
first let me give you my specs so we can get that out of the way.

COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket

Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133

SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB

ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5 Radeon HD 7850 2GB

2TB western digital 7200 rpm that i took from my last build also taking the power supply which is 850w gold cert kingwin

basically i want to know how my build looks compatability wise and wattage wise and to get some advice on liquid cooling kits no close loops plz thanks for any and all help.

What is the computer to be used for?
If it's gaming then I see some good parts and some questionable parts.
The case , SSD and ram are good.
The cpu is questionable and it's because there are so many Intel cpu's that are better at gaming , the video card could be better , a 7870 or 7950. Of course I don't know your budget and the main use of the computer so it's just a general observation at this point.
As far as water cooling goes , if your just begining with it then a kit would be a good start , and are you just cooling the cpu? The kits will have a cpu water block and a basic video card gpu block and not card specific. Then there are kits that will just do the cpu , so you'll have to let me know what your cooling.

This one is a complete cooling kit and will cool the cpu , gpu and the chipset.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_604&products_id=26995

This one will just do the cpu.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_604&products_id=22815

This one you have to figure out some of the parts to order at the bottom of the page , like how much tubing and fittings.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_972&products_id=33662

That web site has some good selections for water cooling parts and the prices are good also.

biggc8839

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
srry first time on this site im surprised at how fast im getting responses but budget really isnt a big issue so bumping up to a 7890 would probably be a better idea. im going to water cool everything the cpu, gpu, and memory would it be better going with a kit or buying the parts individually and then assembling it myself. addict ill have to look them up as my last build was an amd build. thanks for all the info

I think that with just starting out it would be better to go with just the cpu and video card and that would be to gain experience and the great thing about water cooling is that you can add to it so by starting out small doesn't mean you have to stay that way and if your comfortable with it you can then add another part that could be cooled. The main thing is to get used to all the workings of water cooling and what you need to make i work and work well. The ram is a tough thing to water cool and you could be better off with ram sticks with gooh heat spreaders and a fan unit , the water blocks for the ram can get expensive and for some reason they have focused on Corsair Dominator ram sticks for water blocks. There are a lot of options with the Corsair and I would get those if you want to water cool the ram. The very top of the heat spreader has three screws that you can take out and the top lifts off and a water block will then sit on the top and the same screws can be used to attach it to the ram sticks.You also need to make sure that you have a fill port and a drain port so there is some way to bleed the air out of the system or you can have an air pocket and a blockage that prevents the water flow.