robandcathy

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I have searched high and low for a 3 in one cable for my sond card, meaning it has 3 3.5mm outputs in each end but runs as a single cable. This is for cable control for the most part I now have 3 cables kinda thick and would like just one for the 5.1 from sound card to my speaker controller. Also just in cases omeone has been down this road Im running 6 monitors and would like to know if anyone has seen ultra thin dvi-d cables.
Thanks Rob

geok

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Sorry I can't help you with the speaker cable. I use cable ties to tie my three cables together. I know it's not as nice as having a single cable, but I looked, and couldn't find any!

As for the monitors, you could get DVI-to-HDMI converters for the DVI-D sockets, and run HDMI between them. I see your problem! Dealing with SIX DVI cables would be difficult to say the least! I think your best bet is to use HDMI cables, as I've never seen thin DVI-D cables.

Hope this helps!

robandcathy

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Those work great but I was trying to reduce clutter and it is a good idea using a hdmi cable but it would require a adapter thus extending out further from my computer, I do thank you for your time and response.

geok

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
robandcathy, concerning your speaker issue, this is probably a stupid question, but do your speakers happen to have an optical input? If so, and assuming your system's sound has an S/PDIF output (most do these days), then you'd only need the one optical cable (which also happen to be quite thin). Now, most computer speakers DON'T have optical in (sadly), and so we get stuck using three cables for 5.1 sound, but I figured it was worth asking, in case you hadn't already thought of it.

Sorry this is so much later, but I was reviewing my posts, and saw this one.

robandcathy

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I do and did use that but having a 5.1 THX computer speakers, the optical out can only support 2.1. Even the high end Sound Blaster card still to this day does not support the music bandwidth. This was my orginal thought as well, One would think someone would get the bright idea to make one of these lol. Thanks for the reply.
Rob

weathersfuori

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
robandcathy- wondering if you had any luck... your question kinda applies to mine in a different thread. I have a gaming seat with surround sound and a sub but only one 3.5mm input jack. Trying to connect it to my PC, but using only one cable I am only able to get sound from the rear L/R speakers and the center/sub... not the front L/R speakers. I can't tell if I don't have enough cables connected to my PC (it is capable of up to 7.1) or if my front speakers just don't work. Been trying to find a 3 in 1 cable myself just to see if that'll give me the full surround sound I should be getting.

robandcathy

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
weathersfuori :
You need 4 separate cables for 7.1
1 for front
1 for rear
1 for center/sub
1 for side
You can only get stereo in your case if you are using only one cable.
I have 3 seprate cables for 5.1 and would like 3 ends on each side that go into 1 cable.

geok

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

I missed something there! Your speakers do support optical in from your sound card, but only 2.1?!? HUH?!? All of the S/PDIF interfaces I've ever used were designed for 5.1 surround sound.

Can you explain this? My Realtek card's optical out supports 5.1 DTS Interactive.

I'd really like to understand this better, as this is the area of computer hardware that I understand the least!

Thanks!