Solved

Looking for cheap Diablo 3 graphics card

Hello,

I know virtually nothing about graphics cards, other than that mine is inadequate for D3. I really would not like to spend very much money, since the only high-graphics games I play on my PC are Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Currently I have an ATI Radeon HD 4200
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking cheap diablo graphics card
  1. Can you list the rest of your system specs? :) That would help us out a lot on making you a good recommendation.
  2. Windows 7 64-bit
    AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), 3GHz
    4 gig ram
    HP p6710f
    stock power supply
    wide screen monitor
  3. Is it possible to spend less than $100?
  4. I think you might be able to put a Radeon HD 7750 in there. I know that card uses extremely low power and you might be able to get away with not getting a power supply upgrade. I can't find any information about your PSU so I can't suggest anything better.

The 7750 is a good card, so you could probably play Diablo 3 on Medium to High settings depending on your screen resolution :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125417
  5. since its a stock psu, all you can do is gamble on a 7750 since you havent told us the specifications of the psus amperage, or model name/#
  6. dudewitbow said:
    since its a stock psu, all you can do is gamble on a 7750 since you havent told us the specifications of the psus amperage, or model name/#

Yep that's what I was going for :lol: *hopefully* it's enough to run a 7750.
  7. mocchan said:
    Yep that's what I was going for :lol: *hopefully* it's enough to run a 7750.

if its at least 300w, he might feel a bit safe because i would assume the 12v rail to have ~19amps of power, and the 7750 taking less than 9+rest of computers requirements should be fine. if its under 300, then there will probably be a problem somewhere.
  8. I'm pretty sure it's 250w. How can I figure that out for sure?
  9. Personally, I would take a 6770 and chuck in maybe a new PSU.
  10. Do I have to worry about them fitting my motherboard? I'm still new to this.
  11. Best answer
    Since your CPU is still 'modern' I'm sure you wouldn't have any incompatibility with your motherboard...both the PSU and graphics card.

Though may I suggest this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045 I feel much better going with Antec over CoolMax... and it's only 10 dollars more.
  12. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02628226&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5049513#N1165

Those are his pc specs according to hp website.

Form factor: internal ATX

Total Wattage: 250W

Nominal input voltage range:

100-127V ~6A

200-240V ~3A

Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)

In order to get a brand name or further info he'd have to open up his case and take a look, unless somebody can find it through google somewhere.
  13. Thanks, everyone!
  14. Best answer selected by Diakonov.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Diablo Graphics Product