What should my PSU be in terms of wattage?

creeperizspy

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
I have ordered a computer, and the psu wattage was not specified. Worst comes to worse, I will just have to buy my own.

SO my questions is, for these parts what should my psu's watts be?

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit Edition

4 x 2GB = 8GB DDR3-1333 Gaming Grade Memory Module

500GB 7200RPM Hard Disk Drive

AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Xion Echo Mid Tower Gaming Case, Black

Intel Core i5-3570K (4 x 3.40GHz) Processor

24X DVD+/-RW DL Optical Drive

jwk3

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I highly doubt the PC will not come with a PSU. they normally don't list the PSU because it adds no performance to the PC. it's the part which most people don't care about.

for some reason it didn't come with a PSU, look at getting a 400-500W PSU from Antec, Corsair, XFX or seasonic, but again, I highly doubt they have not put one in already.

creeperizspy

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Say I get a 400 watt standard(im assuming they mean ibuypower brand or other generic psu on their configurations) since they didn't specify anything. Would that be good or bad, bad being needing to be replaced.

socialfox

Distinguished
I believe ibuypower uses Xtremegear power supplies which are kind of garbage. For a system needing something like 400 watts they shove a 700 watt power supply. Honestly, I stay away from such power supplies including bundled power supplies with computer cases like those cooler master cases.

socialfox

Distinguished
Chances are it wont work if its a 400 watt generic power supply. I mean if it was 700 watts and generic it most likely is around 500 watts (since they over state the wattage). Still no harm done in trying to turn it on with that power supply, but I would advise you to get a new *quality* power supply asap.

socialfox

Distinguished

Can't really say how much, each generic power supply comes in different shades of how garbage they are :lol:

Hi - If you can post (or take photo) the specs just as they are on the PSU label,
we could give you much better advice.

Tom