Mini ITX gaming case

Last response: in Components
November 25, 2012 7:14:55 PM

I am looking for a Mini ITX case for gaming that I can fit:

A duel 120mm radiator with other airflow while a rad is installed
A GTX680
An ATX PSU
One 5.25" Drive, One 2.5" drive, and one 3.5" drive

I was thinking something like the bitfenix prodogy but if you guys have other reccomendations, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Logan77

More about : mini itx gaming case

November 25, 2012 7:17:10 PM

Could you give us an idea on your budget mate?
m
l
November 25, 2012 7:18:38 PM

Around $1600
I was thinking a P8Z77-I Deluxe with a 3570k
m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2012 7:20:32 PM

an inch left when the 680 is installed* which bynthat i mean youll have an inch of a gap at the end of the case.
m
l
November 25, 2012 7:23:25 PM

ya, i looked at the prodogy and it seemed pretty good but also HUGE for a mini itx case...
m
l
November 25, 2012 7:33:44 PM

i doesn't look like it doesn't fit a duel 120mm rad. I think I'll just go with the prodigy unless anyone has other suggestions.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
November 25, 2012 7:49:54 PM

I have a Prodigy and it's frankly too big for itx. You loose a lot of the advantages you gain from having a tiny motherboard. If you want to fit big radiators then I guess its fine, but the footprint is awkward imo.

If I had to do my build again, I'd probably go with either of the Fortress series from Silverstone.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=291
Not an ITX case, but much smaller than a Prodigy and can fit normal components and a microATX motherboard.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=333
ITX version is really small but it can't fit the same mainstream components.

I know neither of those are really what you are looking for really, but it's perhaps worth considering "bigger" cases that are actually smaller in the real world, as a lot of people make micro ATX cases that ITX boards will fit fine into.
If that doesn't appeal, I know Lian Li make a few different ITX cases which I had a look at, though I'm really not sure of the space in them, they all seem pretty compact.
m
l
!