Lian-Li v1000 or Cooler Master WaveMaster ??

Beliar

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004
i've decided to get the following for my new build :
MSI K8N neo2 platinum mobo.
AMD athlon 64 3500 + (socket 939, 0.13 micron)
OCZ 2x512 dual channel gold edition rev 2 ram
Leadtek geforce 6800 GT
WD 80 gb 8 mb cache 7.200 rpm hdd
Audigy 2 ZS
Swiftech 6400-V cpu heatsink + a 80 mm fan(thinkin about a vantec tornado since i'm going to o/c, the noise issue vexes me a bit though, so i'd be glad if there were some advices/recommendations)
Swiftech 159 NB heatsink
Fortron 530W PSU

I can't decide what case to choose. The reviews say very good things about both of them. I would be very happy if you helped me a little.. Also, i've read in the reviews that some PSUs don't fit in the Lian-Li. Is there anyone who knows if that FORTRON would fit or not?

RichPLS

Champion
I prefer the Lian-Li v1000.
Awesome Case...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
DO NOT BUY THE WAVEMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My friend bought one and it is a truely horrible case. It looks pretty good from the outside but it is a nightmare on the inside. The Lian-Li PC-V1000 is a VERY good case all around. I could see psu probs in the wave master but there will definatly not be any psu probs in the lian-li. That power supply does look to be longer than a standard psu but it should still fit. If you want to make sure you have enough room just spend a couple more bucks and get the PC-V1200. It is an extended version of the V1000 to hold eATX motherboards, the difference is only about $15.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

RichPLS

Champion
Very good advice given there. I agree completely

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>