Sign in with
Your question

Which graphics card should I buy?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 22, 2012 4:26:43 AM

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying a new graphics card and I think I'll buy ATI. I have Radeon HD 4870 right now, it's been approximately 2 years and I was almost happy about that card. I have GA-970A-DS3 motherboard, AMD Phenom 2 X3 processor, 750 Watt Cooler Master PSU. My budget limit is 150-200 dollars. Can you guys suggest me a good graphics card. I want to use that for another 2 years. I mean, like in HD 4870, I want to be able to play latest games with full graphics options 2 years later. (Actually HD 4870 is having hard time with games these days, especially in Battlefield 3)

Any opinios is much appreciated since I don't know so much about PC technology.

More about : graphics card buy

a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 4:47:48 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It actually is 2 generation over yours but it will do the same as its predecessor, it will run BF3 on high or even in ultra in single player with good FPS, also it has a really nice cooling...

Another suggestion is the GTX560ti but is about 20 bucks more expensive and the performance difference will not be that much...
May 22, 2012 4:53:10 AM

So, NVIDIA won't make any problems on my AMD motherboard and processor? Some say it does...
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 12:07:27 PM

Actually no, you can add nvidia cards into amd mobos and it will work, as you can add an amd card to a intel mobo and it will work too

for running a card you only need a PCIe slot and enough power from the PSU, compatibility is universal....

!