How long to burn full CD at 12X?

G

I'm wondering whetehr I should go for the Plextor 16X Yamaha 16X or Plextor 12X.....I read the previous post comparing the Plextor and Yamaha burners and I would like to know how much time it'll take me to burn a full CD(700MB) on the 12X and how long on the 16X...thx

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have a Plextor 16x10x40 and I think I can burn a 700MB CD in the high 4min range. I love my Plextor burner! I have had a crapy Philips writer and an HP writer both at 8x4x32 and I'm glad I spent the money and bought the Plextor.

<font color=green>"Your call will be answered by the next available Tech Support representative"</font color=green>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Well, there's a lot of lee-way in there. Basically, take the number of minutes the disk is in length, divide by the speed of the recorder, and add 30seconds (minimum) for leadin-leadout.

So, an 79min 57sec cd at 16x would take 79.95/16= 4.99 minutes + 30second = 5minutes 30 seconds.

The Yamaha is fine at copying files / music.

I got the retail, and I got "Take Two". Not impressed. Didn't work. Getting Norton Ghost.

If you want to use your CD/RW for a lot of reading, I'd not go for this one as it is a bit noisy on the read.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
6 minutes for my 12x ricoh.
thats not including the lead in, lead out, filling buffer,
fighting with the plastic shrink wrap on each sodding cd,
trying to open the stiff cases, putting in the cd(s),
labelling of CD & case post burn,
and general fiddling with nero to get the appropriate files ready.

all up an efficient transfer for me takes 10-12 minutes :)

"i love the smell of Overclocking in the morning!" Says my Hamster.