Advice on how to approach my build

ryanwyvill1

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
I have a case and PSU, they are pretty much future-proof because things will only get smaller and more energy efficient. I am 13 so getting money is a problem. I will be getting a 2/3 jobs after my holiday so i will have a steady income of money. Should i buy everything bit by bit as i get my money or save up a decent amount and then buy all the parts together.

I have an Antec 300 and an XFX pro power 650W. Was thinking of getting ASRock Extreme 4 and i5 3570k but what about Haswell and all that stuff coming out soon.

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
if you are going to be upgrading en existing PC buying things bit by bit would be okay, however if you are building from the ground up i would hold off until you can purchase all at once. By holding off you ensure when you do buy you have access to the latest tech and prices tend to only come down over time.

Temile

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

Save your money until you can buy everything. Don't worry about Haswell, there is always something new around the corner.

ryanwyvill1

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012

i'm not asking for a build just asking how i should do it bit by bit or all in one