How can I get into the screensaver file to delete items?

I have a Toshiba LT and everytime I select a particular screensaver, it
flashes the Toshiba icon. Also there are items in the list that are totally
useless. Could I add/delete to the list? I've had no luck trying to find the
file. XPHome, sp2.

Screen Saver Names and File Locations

Files with an scr extension are screen savers, located in >>

C:\WINDOWS\system32
and
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

At least the default XP screen savers are located as above.

logon.scr = Logon Screen Saver
scrnsave.scr = Default Screen Saver
ss3dfo.scr = Direct3D Flying Objects Screen Saver
ssbezier.scr = Bezier Curves Screen Saver
ssflwbox.scr = Direct3D Flowerbox Screen Saver
ssmarque.scr = Marquee Screen Saver
ssmypics.scr = My Pictures Slideshow Screensaver
ssmyst.scr = Mystify Screen Saver
sspipes.scr = Direct3D Pipes Screen Saver
ssstars.scr = Starfield Screen Saver
sstext3d.scr = Direct3D 3D Text Screen Saver

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:F62B7E8A-4C17-4AD6-BBD4-D64706CEE812@microsoft.com,
cranston <cranston@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

"cranston" wrote:

> I have a Toshiba LT and everytime I select a particular screensaver, it
> flashes the Toshiba icon. Also there are items in the list that are totally
> useless. Could I add/delete to the list? I've had no luck trying to find the
> file. XPHome, sp2.
Solution is way above my skill. I get in there and too many options to pick
from.

Not a difficult task. IOW, locate and delete the corresponding .SCR file
from this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\system32

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP