Talking in second languages

This ought to be simple, but I can't find it anywhere for looking...

Some of my characters supposedly know more than one language. How do
I indicate that I want a particular something to be said in one of
them rather than another (eg say "Take that, you brute" in Taurahe
rather than Horde Common)? I've seen someone apparently do this
in-game - either he was typing very fast and making up *very*
convincing gibberish, or he'd managed to get it to work.

The applications are clearly rather limited; it's just that I'm always
intersted in how things work, and it's been bugging me ever since I
saw that...

Cheers - Ian

barry a écrit :
> "Ian Noble" <fredd@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
> > This ought to be simple, but I can't find it anywhere for looking...
> >
> > Some of my characters supposedly know more than one language. How do
> > I indicate that I want a particular something to be said in one of
> > them rather than another (eg say "Take that, you brute" in Taurahe
> > rather than Horde Common)? I've seen someone apparently do this
> > in-game - either he was typing very fast and making up *very*
> > convincing gibberish, or he'd managed to get it to work.
> >
> > The applications are clearly rather limited; it's just that I'm always
> > intersted in how things work, and it's been bugging me ever since I
> > saw that...
> >
> > Cheers - Ian
>

> It is there. On the speach settings thing, where you can chose emotes and
> the like, you can seelct the language there somewhere. Can't remember where
> off the top of my head, and i'm at work (working hard!) so can't check

There's a bubble icon in the top-left corner of the chat window.
leftclick it, and choose "languages".

Barry

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:12:25 GMT, "barry" <bmercer@bnota.tk.com>
wrote:

>"Ian Noble" <fredd@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
>> This ought to be simple, but I can't find it anywhere for looking...
>>
>> Some of my characters supposedly know more than one language. How do
>> I indicate that I want a particular something to be said in one of
>> them rather than another (eg say "Take that, you brute" in Taurahe
>> rather than Horde Common)? I've seen someone apparently do this
>> in-game - either he was typing very fast and making up *very*
>> convincing gibberish, or he'd managed to get it to work.
>>
>> The applications are clearly rather limited; it's just that I'm always
>> intersted in how things work, and it's been bugging me ever since I
>> saw that...
>>
>> Cheers - Ian
>

>It is there. On the speach settings thing, where you can chose emotes and
>the like, you can seelct the language there somewhere. Can't remember where
>off the top of my head, and i'm at work (working hard!) so can't check

Hah. I've been playing this game almost continuously since February,
and I'd completely forgotten that that button did anything. Thanks.

Cheers - Ian