6230 - Voicemail Icon when playing music?

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Music
Last response: in Brands
July 22, 2004 2:22:07 AM

If I have the radio on, or playing an MP3 and I hit the volume up/down, I
see a voicemail icon in the top left of the screen. I definately have no
voicemail stored!
Anyone else see this?

6230 V.3.17 Orange.

More about : 6230 voicemail icon playing music

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 2:27:33 AM

"KN4665" <KN4665DEAD@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote in message
> If I have the radio on, or playing an MP3 and I hit the volume up/down, I
> see a voicemail icon in the top left of the screen. I definately have no
> voicemail stored!
> Anyone else see this?
>
> 6230 V.3.17 Orange.

Aplogies for replying to my own post, but

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thr...
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 10:52:43 PM

"KN4665" <KN4665DEAD@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote in news:2m853oFjfu0vU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> If I have the radio on, or playing an MP3 and I hit the volume up/down, I
> see a voicemail icon in the top left of the screen. I definately have no
> voicemail stored!
> Anyone else see this?
>
> 6230 V.3.17 Orange.

Guess they [Nokia] thought that a depiction of a tape reels [ O_O ] was
good enough for the purpose, even though it's rather confusing at times.

Bless 'em.

--
sA
Related resources

"southpawArcher" <rgb73NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> "KN4665" <KN4665DEAD@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote in news:2m853oFjfu0vU1@uni-
> berlin.de:
>
> > If I have the radio on, or playing an MP3 and I hit the volume up/down,
> > see a voicemail icon in the top left of the screen. I definately have no
> > voicemail stored!
> > Anyone else see this?
> >
> > 6230 V.3.17 Orange.
> >

> Guess they [Nokia] thought that a depiction of a tape reels [ O_O ] was
> good enough for the purpose, even though it's rather confusing at times.
>
> Bless 'em.

Same on my 7600!
I am on 3, and when I receive a voicemail, I get a text telling me I have a
message.
I have never seen the spool message.....don't suppose I ever will!
neil
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 6:15:26 PM

Yeah I get that on my 6820, when I adjust the volume of a playing MIDI.
Very confusing, especially as I have voicemail switched off!

Must just be a Nokia thing.

As you say, Bless!

D :)

!