Sign in with
Your question

New Engineering Build (Solidworks) $1000 limit

Last response: in Systems
July 15, 2012 3:47:11 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking to build a new computer which will mostly be used for engineering applications (Solidworks, Autocad, etc.). I plan to put all my music and videos on this computer as well (I think I want a 1TB hard drive). I will install a basic Microsoft office package, mostly for using word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, and access. The only games I really ever play are minecraft and civilization. I also will use this computer for skype and internet browsing. I'm kinda planning to use it as an all purpose computer. If I could have an hdmi port, that would be great. I would like to be able to burn blue rays in addition to DVD's and CD's.

I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speaker system which just uses a regular circular audio output that you can plug into an mp3 player.

I'm hoping to keep the build as inexpensive as I can, but I'm willing to spend $1000 US if I need to. The less expensive, the better though.

Oh, and I'm planning on running Windows 7.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/babybull/saved/

This is what I have found right now, but I really don't know what I'm doing, so any help you guys could give would be really appreciated! Thanks guys!
Anonymous
July 16, 2012 5:19:19 AM

hhmmmm that build looks slightly familiar
:lol: 
where did that rosewell psu come from?!?
and whats up with that sandy i7? an ivy bridge cpu will work better than a sandy for rendering . . . jesus that build got so violated.

dude stop running around asking for options from different places/threads; too many cooks spoil the pot.
m
l
!