Nokia is great!

Last response: in Brands
July 22, 2004 8:35:58 AM

Sorry, but I'm used to stupidity from utilities. So when one
impresses me, I need to acknowledge it.

I own a 9290 communicator. While not the smallest, sexiest phone, it
is a remarkable machine. I have stopped carrying my PC with me except
for really major projects. I still haven't found any other phone that
will send/receive faxes.

But that's not why I am impressed.

I ride a motorcycle. One day while wearing carpenter pants, a cage
(car) driver stopped next to me at a light and told me that something
fell out of my pocket about 1/2 mile back. Yikes, it was my phone.
I went back, and grabbed it between cars. It had been run over, the
case was cracked, but it still worked. I could send/receive calls,
and the inside display still showed my e-mail, spreadsheets, etc.
Pretty cool. Unfortunately the inside color display sporadically
stopped working, and with about a month, died all together.

I sent it back to Nokia Repair in Fla, and three days later(today)
received it with a new top cover and display. I just slapped in the
SIM/Memory and Battery, and I'm back to work.

I'm pretty cynical and very hard to impress. Nokia is my phone
company. Cool.

I looking forward the new model, with Bluetooth and WiFi. I'll be
even happier.

Alan

More about : nokia great

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 2:22:01 PM

Alan Sadler wrote:
> Sorry, but I'm used to stupidity from utilities. So when one
> impresses me, I need to acknowledge it.
>
> I own a 9290 communicator. While not the smallest, sexiest phone, it
> is a remarkable machine. I have stopped carrying my PC with me except
> for really major projects. I still haven't found any other phone that
> will send/receive faxes.
>
> But that's not why I am impressed.
>
> I ride a motorcycle. One day while wearing carpenter pants, a cage
> (car) driver stopped next to me at a light and told me that something
> fell out of my pocket about 1/2 mile back. Yikes, it was my phone.
> I went back, and grabbed it between cars. It had been run over, the
> case was cracked, but it still worked. I could send/receive calls,
> and the inside display still showed my e-mail, spreadsheets, etc.
> Pretty cool. Unfortunately the inside color display sporadically
> stopped working, and with about a month, died all together.
>
> I sent it back to Nokia Repair in Fla, and three days later(today)
> received it with a new top cover and display. I just slapped in the
> SIM/Memory and Battery, and I'm back to work.
>
> I'm pretty cynical and very hard to impress. Nokia is my phone
> company. Cool.
>
> I looking forward the new model, with Bluetooth and WiFi. I'll be
> even happier.
>
> Alan
And how mutch did it cost send it and reparing in finladn? I mean if
youre nor from finland?
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 7:54:39 AM

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:22:01 +0200, "[SExuAL_FreeeK]"
<freeek_i_hate_@_spam_gmail.com> wrote:

>Alan Sadler wrote:
>> Sorry, but I'm used to stupidity from utilities. So when one
>> impresses me, I need to acknowledge it.
>>
>> I own a 9290 communicator. While not the smallest, sexiest phone, it
>> is a remarkable machine. I have stopped carrying my PC with me except
>> for really major projects. I still haven't found any other phone that
>> will send/receive faxes.
>>
>> But that's not why I am impressed.
>>
>> I ride a motorcycle. One day while wearing carpenter pants, a cage
>> (car) driver stopped next to me at a light and told me that something
>> fell out of my pocket about 1/2 mile back. Yikes, it was my phone.
>> I went back, and grabbed it between cars. It had been run over, the
>> case was cracked, but it still worked. I could send/receive calls,
>> and the inside display still showed my e-mail, spreadsheets, etc.
>> Pretty cool. Unfortunately the inside color display sporadically
>> stopped working, and with about a month, died all together.
>>
>> I sent it back to Nokia Repair in Fla, and three days later(today)
>> received it with a new top cover and display. I just slapped in the
>> SIM/Memory and Battery, and I'm back to work.
>>
>> I'm pretty cynical and very hard to impress. Nokia is my phone
>> company. Cool.
>>
>> I looking forward the new model, with Bluetooth and WiFi. I'll be
>> even happier.
>>
>> Alan
>And how mutch did it cost send it and reparing in finladn? I mean if
>youre nor from finland?
Fla=Florida,USA=$5.75
July 23, 2004 6:19:14 PM

That is impressive. I mean, a helpful cager? Will wonders never cease? ;-)

D :)

"[SExuAL_FreeeK]" <freeek_i_hate_@_spam_gmail.com> wrote in message
> Alan Sadler wrote:
> > Sorry, but I'm used to stupidity from utilities. So when one
> > impresses me, I need to acknowledge it.
> >
> > I own a 9290 communicator. While not the smallest, sexiest phone, it
> > is a remarkable machine. I have stopped carrying my PC with me except
> > for really major projects. I still haven't found any other phone that
> > will send/receive faxes.
> >
> > But that's not why I am impressed.
> >
> > I ride a motorcycle. One day while wearing carpenter pants, a cage
> > (car) driver stopped next to me at a light and told me that something
> > fell out of my pocket about 1/2 mile back. Yikes, it was my phone.
> > I went back, and grabbed it between cars. It had been run over, the
> > case was cracked, but it still worked. I could send/receive calls,
> > and the inside display still showed my e-mail, spreadsheets, etc.
> > Pretty cool. Unfortunately the inside color display sporadically
> > stopped working, and with about a month, died all together.
> >
> > I sent it back to Nokia Repair in Fla, and three days later(today)
> > received it with a new top cover and display. I just slapped in the
> > SIM/Memory and Battery, and I'm back to work.
> >
> > I'm pretty cynical and very hard to impress. Nokia is my phone
> > company. Cool.
> >
> > I looking forward the new model, with Bluetooth and WiFi. I'll be
> > even happier.
> >
> > Alan
> And how mutch did it cost send it and reparing in finladn? I mean if
> youre nor from finland?
July 27, 2004 5:10:21 PM

Alan Sadler wrote:

(snip)
> I still haven't found any other phone that
> will send/receive faxes.
(snip)

There are fax applications (send/receive/view) for Series 60 phones too
e.g. Mobile Fax
!