Is there a camera that can be controled by PC?

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 14, 2005 11:29:06 PM

My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...

Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!

thanks!

More about : camera controled

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 3:37:25 AM

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:29:06 -0400, Robbie <RoboFork@spamnomore.com>
wrote:

>My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
>and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
>
>Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!

Sure. look at these...
http://www.sinarbron.com/sinar/digital/sinarback3.php

They'll do a fine job...

"A nice man is a man of nasty ideas."

_Introductions to History of the Reformation_
Jonathan Swift
1667-1745
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 3:49:34 AM

In article <4pkvf1dnr16plukqabphre0o9vdaish8n8@4ax.com>,
RoboFork@spamnomore.com says...

> My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
> and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
>
> Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!
>
> thanks!

Just about any of the point and shoots will do this with a USB cable.

There aren't that many models with 12x zoom, but 10x is pretty doable.
I suggest you check out www.dpreview.com
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird
Related resources

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:29:06 -0400, Robbie <RoboFork@spamnomore.com> wrote:

> My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
> and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
>
> Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!

Check out the Canon S2 IS. It has 12X zoom and can be fully controlled by the computer.
August 15, 2005 6:52:24 AM

Why is it nowdays everybody has to have a damn computer to operate anything.
Its like they have to have a mouse in their hand to use a camera.

<grumpy@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:29:06 -0400, Robbie <RoboFork@spamnomore.com>
> wrote:
>

>> My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC
>> monitor,
>> and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
>>
>> Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!
>
> Check out the Canon S2 IS. It has 12X zoom and can be fully controlled by
> the computer.

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:17:07 AM

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:29:06 -0400, Robbie wrote:

> My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
> and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
>
> Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!
>
> thanks!
Thats going to be a lot to carry around.
--
Neil
Delete delete to reply by email

Most consumer digital cameras with its software is able to do this.
A lot of vendor doing small cubicle studio like photos is doing this.
12x zoom is another problem tho . :)

=bob=

"Robbie" <RoboFork@spamnomore.com> wrote in message

> My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC
> monitor,
> and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
>
> Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!
>
> thanks!

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 7:31:12 PM

Well if it's a digital camera, it pretty much is a computer of sorts.

SteveJ wrote:
> Why is it nowdays everybody has to have a damn computer to operate anything.
> Its like they have to have a mouse in their hand to use a camera.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:10:20 PM

Neil Ellwood wrote:

> Thats going to be a lot to carry around.

No carrying needed if the purpose is for studio work, photographing models.
I have heard of photographers doing this, to see on a larger screen what
the shot will look like, etc. (instead of peeking through viewfinder, can
look at monitor of laptop/etc and have camera on tripod, focus more energy
on model, poses, lighting, reflectors, etc.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:11:35 PM

SteveJ wrote:

> Why is it nowdays everybody has to have a damn computer to operate
> anything. ...

LOL. Once the nucs hit and the magnetic storm wipes out computers, we are
all screwed!!!! hehe
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:32:17 AM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:10:20 -0500, Proteus <nospam@nowhere.net> wrote:

>Neil Ellwood wrote:
>
>..
>> Thats going to be a lot to carry around.
>

>No carrying needed if the purpose is for studio work, photographing models.
>I have heard of photographers doing this, to see on a larger screen what
>the shot will look like, etc. (instead of peeking through viewfinder, can
>look at monitor of laptop/etc and have camera on tripod, focus more energy
>on model, poses, lighting, reflectors, etc.

You nailed it!
!