I3 3220 + Radeon 6450 vs. i3 3225

TheShepherd

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
I'm looking to pickup one of the i3 processors tomorrow. The pc I'm going to put it in will mainly be for office use and internet surfing. Would I be better served going with the 3225 because of the Intel HD4000? Or should I pick up the 6450 and pair it with the 3220 which has the weaker onboard graphics? Both options will come out to the same price give or take $5.

The other parts (if the info comes in handy): http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pbCx

Solution
Well, for raw processing power, i3 is definitely better. It's a great budget gaming processor. Since you have bought the motherboard, and to save you from hassle, stay with the i3. HD 4000 can also do the job just fine.

For dual monitor, it depends on the motherboard. Since your motherboard have DVI, HDMI and VGA, it should work.

TheShepherd

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
What if I want to run a two monitor setup? Will I be able to do that with just the HD 4000?

@acrace... I appreciate the suggestion, but I can't do that. I already bought the motherboard, so I'm going to stick to an i3.

Edit: If it's a big enough improvement over the i3 I can just return my mobo to newegg. Is it a better option than the i3? Keep in mind I want to run two monitors.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Well, for raw processing power, i3 is definitely better. It's a great budget gaming processor. Since you have bought the motherboard, and to save you from hassle, stay with the i3. HD 4000 can also do the job just fine.

For dual monitor, it depends on the motherboard. Since your motherboard have DVI, HDMI and VGA, it should work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS