Asus GTX 670 DirectCu II 2GB TOP DDR5 vs MSI N670GTX 2GB vs Palit GTX

jor200

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hi guys, brand of cards do you think I should go for? Mostly for FPS games, Flight Simulators. Asus GTX 670 DirectCu II 2GB TOP DDR5 OR MSI N670GTX 2GB OC OR Palit GTX 670? Currently the Asus one looks good. But the price in Singapore are according,

ALL PRICES ARE IN SGD
x0.8 for price in USD

Asus GTX 670 DirectCu II 2GB TOP DDR5 S$659

MSI N670GTX 2GB OC S$609

Palit GTX 670 S$569

Do you think the Asus one is worth the price?

Other cards I'm considering are the,

XFX R7950 3GB Black Edt. Double-Dissipation S$599

Sapphire HD7950 3GB DDR5 OC S$639

Asus HD 7950 DC II 3GB DDR5 TOP S$699

Solution
ASUS and Gigabyte are probably the top two non-reference GTX 670s so far. I have the Gigabyte, and I'm very happy with the custom cooling. The tri-fans are extremely quiet and the card stays very cool. When the fans do ramp up it's more of a "whoosh" sound rather than something more audible and annoying.

I ended up with a card that has an average overclock, but I'm okay with it. I can manage a stable +125 offset for a 1,249MHz boost clock (my stock boost is 1,124MHz). Some people are able to break 1,300 on the Gigabyte card.

If I had my choice right now and both cards were available, I would probably choose the ASUS, as I'm a fan of their products. I bought mine on release day though and the ASUS still isn't available in the US (rumor...

Jaywill

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
ASUS and Gigabyte are probably the top two non-reference GTX 670s so far. I have the Gigabyte, and I'm very happy with the custom cooling. The tri-fans are extremely quiet and the card stays very cool. When the fans do ramp up it's more of a "whoosh" sound rather than something more audible and annoying.

I ended up with a card that has an average overclock, but I'm okay with it. I can manage a stable +125 offset for a 1,249MHz boost clock (my stock boost is 1,124MHz). Some people are able to break 1,300 on the Gigabyte card.

If I had my choice right now and both cards were available, I would probably choose the ASUS, as I'm a fan of their products. I bought mine on release day though and the ASUS still isn't available in the US (rumor has it that it will be released this week though).

Solution