Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What games could this handle?

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 15, 2012 6:11:09 PM

I might be making a rig based around the components below soon, and I would like to expect what sort of performance any of you have got if you've used my GPU etc :) 

hd 7850
asrock z77 pro 3
i5 3450

More about : games handle

July 15, 2012 6:14:47 PM

So do you already have those components? What is your budget? Usage?
July 15, 2012 6:21:09 PM

Not at the moment I'm going to buy the full components in a week or two, I will be using it for mainly gaming and web surfing, my budget is around £700. But I could go to £750 if need be.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 15, 2012 6:52:23 PM

take a look at this, i know the PRO3 is at amazon but for some reason it isn't listed in partpicker. i chose a slightly less expensive motherboard with similar features. i also jumped you up in graphics and still fit in your budget.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£146.45 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£76.52 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£45.98 @ Dabs)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card (£219.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case (£67.98 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Sony DDU1681S-0B DVD/CD Drive (£11.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £664.80
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
you could go up to a i5-3570K and cpu cooler.
July 15, 2012 9:06:30 PM

Anonymous said:
take a look at this, i know the PRO3 is at amazon but for some reason it isn't listed in partpicker. i chose a slightly less expensive motherboard with similar features. i also jumped you up in graphics and still fit in your budget.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£146.45 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£76.52 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£45.98 @ Dabs)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card (£219.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case (£67.98 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Sony DDU1681S-0B DVD/CD Drive (£11.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £664.80
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
you could go up to a i5-3570K and cpu cooler.

that looks good but i heard the theres not much point in getting a 7870 over the 7850 :/ 
July 15, 2012 9:13:54 PM

There wasn't when it was ~$70 more than the 7850, but the price has come down a lot.
July 15, 2012 9:37:49 PM

cranked said:
There wasn't when it was ~$70 more than the 7850, but the price has come down a lot.


Thats was exactly why i bought my xfx 7870 double. The advantage is, you have to OC 7850 to match 7870. But when you OC 7870 you match card on higher tier easily and there still more room to go higher with 3rd party programs. With good deal the price difference is barely 20 to 30 some time.
July 15, 2012 9:46:01 PM

seeing as ur budget was up to 750 id go for a i5 2500k and asus P8Z68-V PRO or keep the same setup and get a ssd for a cooler might wanna go with a hyper 212 evo
Anonymous
July 15, 2012 10:35:33 PM

deadbart said:
that looks good but i heard the theres not much point in getting a 7870 over the 7850 :/ 

i really put the 7870 because it did fit in the budget. as far as getting a better bang for your buck, i'd suggest looking at benchmarks of games you are going to play. (though it sounds like you have)

personally myself, i like the GTX 570 because nVidia seems to perform better in some of the more popular games; but that is strictly my opinion.

i hope the suggested build will give you a fundamental idea; because that is what i thought you asked for more than a "finished" build.
July 15, 2012 10:37:35 PM

could you chuck at me a £650 gtx 570 if possible?
how does your i3 550 ti run games?
Anonymous
July 15, 2012 10:57:19 PM

deadbart said:
could you chuck at me a £650 gtx 570 if possible?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£146.45 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£76.52 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£45.98 @ Dabs)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB Video Card (£191.48 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case (£67.98 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Sony DDU1681S-0B DVD/CD Drive (£11.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £636.33
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
deadbart said:
how does your i3 550 ti run games?


its OK. i have to lower some settings to keep from dipping below ~32 fps in crysis2 as an example. i would much rather have an i5 and 570 if not at least a 570.
July 15, 2012 11:01:53 PM

on amazon 570 is £290, rather get the 7870
July 16, 2012 7:38:00 AM

for £30 more u can get a msi 670 on ebuyer
!