Sign in with
Your question

Is it a gaming computer .?.

Last response: in Systems
July 15, 2012 6:55:31 PM

iBuyPower Gamer Power BB534APU desktop.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iBuyPower+-+Gamer+Power+Des....

Think it would run sc2 on ultra? if not what would have to be done to it to make it better?

Thanks,
Jason

More about : gaming computer

a b 4 Gaming
July 15, 2012 7:01:59 PM

No. A different build.
m
l
July 15, 2012 7:09:51 PM

Any suggestions around that price?
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 15, 2012 7:17:21 PM

A $400 gaming computer? These places shouldn't be allowed to advertise a gaming computer like that and then yuo get it home and the only games you can play are low simple games with little or no requirements. You will not be running anything on ultra with that piece of junk. A gaming computer will cost around $700.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 15, 2012 7:20:26 PM

You will need to spend about $700 to $800 and use an Intel I3 or I5 build if you want a true gaming setup
m
l
July 15, 2012 7:29:03 PM

Any Pre-built suggestions? I know it's not that hard to build your own. I am a little skeptical about doing so though..
m
l
July 15, 2012 7:30:52 PM

inzone said:
A $400 gaming computer? These places shouldn't be allowed to advertise a gaming computer like that and then yuo get it home and the only games you can play are low simple games with little or no requirements. You will not be running anything on ultra with that piece of junk. A gaming computer will cost around $700.

With that said what if i was to replace the graphics card? Would that make any difference, or is it the fact that the processor is not good? I saw that the pc had plenty of ram. I am not sure about that graphics card though.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 15, 2012 7:43:17 PM

You have two choices. Build your own, you can make that work for even $400. Not ultra obviously though. Or second, save some more cash for the system. For pre built I guess you're looking at 1k for anything decent. Home built $700+ will be pretty nice.
m
l
July 15, 2012 7:49:18 PM

jasgre7681 said:
With that said what if i was to replace the graphics card? Would that make any difference, or is it the fact that the processor is not good? I saw that the pc had plenty of ram. I am not sure about that graphics card though.

You can't replace Gpu in it, because it's and Apu. A built in graphics in Cpu. And pretty much the weakest from the A series.
Computer with an A4 can't be described as "Gamer Power" because it's just not strong for such a name.
For some entry level gaming you could get A8 cpu (It comes with 6550D), a benchmark should be somewhere around at tom's
Otherwise you should look at i3/i5 or Phenom II build, with maybe Hd7750. Can't tell you prices, but computer like that shouldn't be more costly then this "Gamer Power'' crap.

+Ram is not the most expensive thingie in computers so don't worry about that. You can get a good memory for small money anytime.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 15, 2012 7:53:57 PM

There is not a graphics card in that Pc , it is using intergrated graphics. The AMD Radeon HD 6410D is intergrated graphics and will not be good for gaming. The only good parts of that Pc is the 8gb of ram and the 500gb hard drive.
To add a graphics card to that Pc yu would have to find out what it has for a power supply and a graphics card will need a 450w minimum powe supply and when they make those computers without a video card they usually put a 220w psu in it sometimes a 300w. If you are lucky and they somhow have put a 500w power supply in it then you could add a video card like a 6770 or 6850 and then you couls play some of the more recent games at med to high settings.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 16, 2012 2:53:07 AM

inzone said:
There is not a graphics card in that Pc , it is using intergrated graphics. The AMD Radeon HD 6410D is intergrated graphics and will not be good for gaming. The only good parts of that Pc is the 8gb of ram and the 500gb hard drive.
To add a graphics card to that Pc yu would have to find out what it has for a power supply and a graphics card will need a 450w minimum powe supply and when they make those computers without a video card they usually put a 220w psu in it sometimes a 300w. If you are lucky and they somhow have put a 500w power supply in it then you could add a video card like a 6770 or 6850 and then you couls play some of the more recent games at med to high settings.

There was a reason the recommendation said "Add 80watt Radeon HD 7770. No need for power supply swap. Total $500 to $550. " Guess you missed it.

PC linked has an OEM 300W PSU from gateway. No problem at all running an HD7770. HD7770 price has come down nicely too, would be strong enough to last a year or three.
m
l
!