reverting to XP view

March 29, 2005 6:17:08 PM

I prefer winows in the classicview. After I set it up for classic view, it
will revert to the XP appearance after A restart. What can I do to keep it
in classic appearance?

More about : reverting view

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 11:13:34 PM

I prefer Classic also. ;-)

If XP Pro you can use Group Policy...
Start | Run | Type: gpedit.msc | OK |

Navigate to >>>

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\
Force Classic Start Menu

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\
Force Classic Control Panel Style

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Desktop Themes\
Load a specific visual style file or force Windows Classic

Look around a little.

Double click each item and click the have a look at the Explain tab
-----

Force Classic Control Panel Style
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor
er]
"ForceClassicControlPanel"=dword:00000001

Force Classic Start Menu
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explo
rer]
"NoSimpleStartMenu"=dword:00000001

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.